[Paris/France] Bonjour Chowhounders

@pilgrim has made the contact and @Parigi is interested, but due to some security issues that need to be resolved.

5 Likes

Bonjour a tous! I’ve only participated from time to time on the CH France section, with most of my time spent in the Cote d’Azur, with occasional stops in Paris. Same username. Managed to get back only twice last year, in August and November. This year hope to be back in the spring and maybe again in August and November. 2023 may bring extended residency and a lot more eating.

7 Likes

Bonjour! Long time Chowhound lurker, infrequent poster, who has benefited from all of the wonderful experts on the Paris/France board. We haven’t been to France since 2019 and not to Paris since November 2015. Hope to head back to France later this year but maybe not Paris. Back to lurking mode until we finalize our itinerary.

5 Likes

Welcome @rosepoint @gooster

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: [Paris] Old fashioned traditional French food

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Paris bound…

Salut! I’ll join the chorus of those so glad to see so many familiar and immensely resourceful names here. Glad my notes have been helpful Eva.

Haven’t set foot in La Belle since very early 2020, but am doing my best to keep up by watching French news daily, and trying hard to recreate at home, some of the dishes I’ve loved on our 16 years of annual travels. Big triumph this week was finding a source for Joue de Porc to recreate a dish I had in Metz!

2 Likes

Gman, it’s truly great to see you here, and I think it’s safe to say that we all look forward to more of your lively and excellent writing / contributions. — Jake

1 Like

That’s so kind of you, Jake. Thanks! I’ve truly missed you all.

What Jake said. I was thinking just the other day that i should drop you a line and suggest you move over here. Enjoy!

Lucky you! In my area restaurants snatch up both pork and beef cheeks. Only available by special order of 10 pound box. I love dinner parties but that’s a lot of cheek!

Thanks so much @pilgrim, very kind of you ! Did you have a different name on CH?

It was indeed through a restaurateur pal I was finally able to source them. Even at one of the local facilities in our Northwestern Connecticut town where they surprisingly usually have rabbit (!) they looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about cheeks.

Gary, Pilgrim is none other than the incomparable: mangeur!

2 Likes

Ah! Voila! et formidable!

1 Like

Oh, good grief! aka as the Cranky Old Bat.

1 Like

FYI, old bat is “vieille chouette” in French. Chouette = owl. Much more appropriate for someone so wise.

3 Likes

I love that!

PP, you are shameless!

Now I realize if I had only gone back through my email I could have found the answer myself. Glad to be reunited here @pilgrim, and I’ll let you know how I make out with the pork cheek.

1 Like