Palm City Wines [San Francisco, Outer Sunset]

Bright and airy cafe in the Outer Sunset serving gourmet sandwiches, salads and a well curated selection of local beer with mostly European wines. I got the Italian American hoagie [Mortadella, Finocchiona, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Shaved Onion, Arugula and N’duja Sauce on a Hoagie Roll]. $16, so after tax and tip you are in $20, but this is a massive sandwich and you could split this and a salad with another person and easily be full. Top quality ingredients, the baby arugula greens were tossed with a vinegary/lemon dressing - the sandwiches are made with care. Sorry for the poor interior shot but they neglected to cut it and I was dismayed to find that I did not have a serrated knife in my car so had to tear it. Would love to try more of their menu sometime.

6 Likes

The picture of the hand ripped hoagie puts me right in the middle of the action!

I really like how greens play a central role in the sandwiches i’ve eaten there. A few months back, I got the roast pork sandwich, and did a double take when I tasted a heavy helping of an assertive brassica, as if some rule of sandwichdom had finally been broken. Great bread too.

2 Likes

Who has a serrated knife in their car???! :grinning:

3 Likes

You’d be surprised. I probably could have at least dug up a plastic one actually, but I was too impatient!

1 Like

I don’t blame you. The sandwich looks awfully good!

Shrimp salad hoagie and chocolate chip cookie. This one was massive and messy, I split it with my daughter and we were both stuffed. Whole shrimp were perfectly just barely cooked, not rubbery, I’m guessing they poached them in salted water or something. There was a lot going on in the salad, lettuce, scallions, chives, maybe some horseradish and sea salt and vinegar potato chips in the sandwich gave it a nice crunch. Overall just a tad too salty. Cookie was great. They had a steak au poivre hoagie that sounded good.

5 Likes

I had lunch here today. They have tables outside. Note that they aren’t covered though the Sunset is often foggy so that may not be much of an issue? Maybe bring a hat. The sandwiches here are indeed enough for two! You check in inside and order by opening a QR code.

Had the Italian American Hoagie ($19).
Mortadella, Finocchiona, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Shaved Onion, Arugula and N’duja Sauce on a Hoagie Roll.

A very good sandwich. Lots of different very thinly sliced cold cuts along with a lightly dressed arugula salad that had some parm. And a spicy mayo that apparently has n’duja sausage in it. Nice crusty bread. I saved half for later.

They also have a good beer selection on draft and in can in addition to wine. I had a couple brews from Sante Adairius, a Tomorrow Today unfiltered IPA and a Shark Tooth Necklace hazy IPA.

8 Likes

Hoag Au Poivre
Roast beef, Comte cheese, arugula, apple, parmesan and green peppercorn sauce.
This was a nice combo, the apple slices are necessary to cut through the richness. It would have been better if they had a rare or even medium rare roast beef. Another minor quibble, they don’t cut the sandwich in half when you get it to take out. I’m not the classiest of eaters, but I feel like a cartoon character gnawing on an uncut 12" hoagie.

1 Like