[Oakland, Temescal] Tacos Oscar

Tacos Oscar, 420 40th Street, Oakland, CA

Grabbed a pork chile verde taco ($4), mushroom and nopale taco ($4) and delicata squash quesadilla ($7) last night after checking out the Eames exhibit at the Oakland Museum. [I tried to go to FOB Kitchen but they apparently close at 2:30 on Saturdays, dinner Wed-Friday 5-10, which makes it unlikely I’ll ever eat there]. Mushroom/nopale was really good with the pickled nopale providing a nice balance to the earthy mushrooms, with some pumpkin seeds (I think) sprinkled on top for crunch. Chile Verde was my least favorite, the pork was shredded really fine and kind of one note without much noticeable chile verde. Quesedilla was nice, open face with crisped queso that tasted almost meaty with perfectly cooked squash. They handmake the tortillas fresh to order. Kind of a farmers market driven taco shop. The little outdoor space they have is nice. Order at the window then sit down with your number. Nice little beer selection.

4 Likes

Little gem tostada, chicken tinga and pork Chile verde tacos. Everything was great but the tostada was the star. Like the best taco bowl you’ve ever had, pristine peak season veggies.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I guessed the broccoli… how do the other 4 roll out?.No Chile Verde, looks like?

1 Like

I’m an avowed carnivore but the veggie tostada with whatever is at peak season is always my favorite, tomatoes, basil, etc. today, so good. Chicken tinga and chile verde tacos and bean mole. Love their homemade tortillas.

1 Like

I’d like to see a real tacos oscar with some meat crab a asparagus sauce etx.

2 Likes