NY/CT/LI Restaurant News, Openings and Closings - SPRING AND SUMMER EDITION

rePublic Bar and their adjoining pizza shop Pronto Pizza & Pasta have closed on North Ave., New Rochelle.

2 Likes

This health-conscious restaurant concept, with units in Greenwich, Stamford and Westport, will be opening new locations on Main Street, Armonk and on Purchase Street, Rye. They are touting a full menu at breakfast and lunch using ‘no fryer and no stovetop’. Specialties range from coffees, baked goods, soups, salads, sandwiches and egg dishes. ‘Real food-your way’, they say.
Anyone tried them yet?

You would have to pay me megabucks to try them. Actually, you couldn’t pay me enough. I hate that type of supposed food!

Me too!

Even the name
 I think of granola as the worst sort of food, totally full of sugar, fats, carbs, totally gross, etc
 and considered healthy? Not!

2 Likes

In Rye, at least, The Granola Bar will have competition from Rosemary and Vine and Pureganic Café both of which are also on Purchase Street. Each also tout health-conscious menus and appear to be thriving

Whatever happened to Village Social’s new place in Pleasantville? I emailed them a month or so ago and never got a response.

I think Locali in Mt. Kisco may open first. imspoke to a relative of Frank Bueti who is tapped to run Locali.

Granola Bar- I hated the name too! However, my D wanted to try their place in Greenwich, so we went for breakfast. Forget the name, the place is nice. They have a take out section and a sit down restaurant, we sat and were served. The menu includes eggs, sandwiches and salads. We chose avocado toast with eggs. It was good- a slice of whole grain bread cut in quarters with a mound of avocado mash on top. The eggs were on the side. We cut up the eggs and put them on the toast. The sandwiches and salads that were delivered to other tables looked even more appealing. We were both pleasantly surprised and look forward to returning!

There is one opening in Armonk too.

Fratelli’ on E. Main St., New Rochelle has closed after a long run. Sad, the Italian cooking could be quite good there

Chester Heights Bakery & Pastry Shop on New Rochelle Road, Bronxville has closed after a long run

Trattoria 141 has opened on Chatsworth Ave., Larchmont, near the train station. They had formerly operated in Port Chester as Il Sogno on Boston Post Road. The menu is typical Italian-American and reasonably priced.

Attention: An American Bistro fans! I know this is just a teaser, but may have some good news for you. Just have to verify the information. Stay tuned

Here’s some news about Locali at the Mt. Kisco train station!

1 Like

You mean the info of the teaser to on their website? Or the rumors going around town of the relocation?

Hi, I thought this might interest you guys. I’ve heard from a reliable source that DeCicco & Sons may be coming to Eastchester. Not sure when though :slight_smile:

To all those who were saddened by the recent closing of An American Bistro in Crestwood: Robert Horton of An American Bistro will be working the kitchen at The Quarry while still operating his catering arm. Quarry proprietor Domenic Cesarini confirmed the news

Jewel of himalaya may be doing well, but the cuisine is not authentic at all