NY/CT/LI Restaurant News, Openings and Closings - SPRING AND SUMMER EDITION

Hi, I thought this might interest you guys. I’ve heard from a reliable source that DeCicco & Sons may be coming to Eastchester. Not sure when though :slight_smile:

To all those who were saddened by the recent closing of An American Bistro in Crestwood: Robert Horton of An American Bistro will be working the kitchen at The Quarry while still operating his catering arm. Quarry proprietor Domenic Cesarini confirmed the news…

Jewel of himalaya may be doing well, but the cuisine is not authentic at all

Gina Marie’s Chianti, Tuckahoe has closed due to a lease dispute with the new property owner…

Another mediocre restaurant making the way for something hopefully better.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gyro Gyro [Hartsdale NY]

Tomatillo in Dobbs ferry is temporarily closed due to a power outage caused by a fire in their building. I found this out from their Facebook trying to remember the name of their new restaurant. What a crappy situation for them!

Just announced via Facebook- Pub Street in Pleasantville coming VERY soon!

@winecountrygirl can you please post the link?

There is no link. They posted on Village Social’s Facebook page.

Just heard about this new place. Anyone have any info?

I have been told that Pub Street is having their soft opening. I will try to get there to check it out and report back!

Woo hoo!! Let us know!!

Checking out Pub Street tomorrow…

We drove past Spark Valley Steakhouse the other day but didn’t stop in - the restaurant is attractive enough from the outside, although oddly situated without a lot of landscaping. I also checked the menu online - very standard steakhouse fare, although I was annoyed that there were no prices listed.

We drove passed it too. I did see good reviews on open table, but I take that with a grain of salt.

Can’ wait to hear!!!

Trattoria 141, billing itself as a ‘modern Italian’ restaurant, has moved into the space that for a short time housed David King, on Chatsworth Ave., Larchmont near the train station. The people behind Trattoria 141 had previously operated as Il Sogno on Boston Post Road, Port Chester. That site has been vacated.

They don’t have the prices posted because they’ve VERY high (that sort of thing really annoys me). Think high-end steakhouse prices (maybe not Manhattan but it seemed as his as anything I’ve seen in Westchester.

Thanks. Have you tried it? Are the steaks good?

The owner of this new Banh Mi restaurant on Garth Rd in Scarsdale posted on Chowhound that he expects to open in Nov/Dec.