NJ Restaurant Celebrity Sightings......................

I saw this on Facebook and thought it would make an interesting topic. NJ is home to a lot of celebrities and especially in North Jersey or Monmouth County Area you will routinely run into someone famous. It seems Kevin James (King of Queens) was filming at Vic’s in Bradley Beach.

Let’s share our restaurant / bar celebrity run ins!

1 Like

Our “celebrities “ usually end up here to escape publicity, not bask in the spotlight.
I’ll follow this with interest for sure… .
:smiley:

1 Like

Here are a few of my run-ins over the years>

Gene Michaels of New York Yankee’s fame. (This was at my families restaurant in late 70’s I think the expression of surprise on my face speaks volumes)

Larry Holmes, Boxer (ex-heavy weight champion of the world) he used to own a hotel and restaurant in N. West Jersey near Easton PA, pictured with my father.

I actually had some business with a company LT was associated with, probably about 5 years ago we had dinner and cocktails at Rooney’s in Long Branch. (again I was pretty surprised to get this pic with him, I think the look on my face says it all)

I was dining at Jimmy’s in Asbury Park one night and ran into Rossie of Jersey Housewives “Fame”.

Recently @corvette_johnny and I were having cocktails at the new Catch and David Byrne Bon Jovi pianist was at the bar. (not really me in this pic)
Byne

A few other notables I had the pleasure of serving over the years:

Jimmy Kayne (ex-CEO Bear Stearns)
Jersey Joe Bravo
Big Joe Henry
Joe Piscapo
Maury Povich and Connie Chung

5 Likes

I love that you have the same expression in all photos!

Makes me think of:

2 Likes

Big Pussy from the sopranos I have bumped into at the Pony.

1 Like

Not sure if this would count as a “celebrity” but I met John Valentin (ex-MLB player) when he owned a short-lived Italian restaurant in Atlantic Highlands called Julia’s. I was 14 or 15 so it was a bigger deal then than now. He autographed a baseball for me.

1 Like

Could you translate that for us non NJ’ers?
Sounds great. Don’t stop Believin’ !

1 Like

Where did you get that picture of @NotJrvedivici??

2 Likes

A lady never reveals her secrets!

1 Like

If I read the title correctly. NJ Celebrity Sightings = NotJrvedivici Celebrity Sightings
:scream:

@NotJrvedivici
Give us your time table, we will try to photograph a few sightings and put them here!
:star_struck:

4 Likes

Here is a screen shot of the more popular actors from the HBO Show The Soprano’s. If you take a careful (note I said careful) look at them ALL (hint hint) maybe you will see more people you know from the series. I circled Big Pussy for you.

3 Likes

Amazing :wink:
And you didn’t even end up a piling in Giants Stadium!

2 Likes

Funny, but all kidding aside, I used to be a teamster!

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2015/10/07/the-time-teamsters-tangled-with-led-zeppelin/AVYSjBlVi4ywe1DKKvPqNM/amp.html

Every time I hear the word Teamster stories like this come flooding back. Roadies have countless stories they tell around the tour bus.

As for celebrity bragging rights, those in the trade dont kiss and tell unless theres money to be made from breaking rule #1.

2 Likes

My big one in NJ was Ashley Dupree of Elliot Spitzer fame at Shore Fresh in pt pleasant . Had to delicately explain to wife who that was.

3 Likes

She used to own a lingerie store in Red Bank, too. I didn’t realize who she was the first few times I met her. Femme by Ashley

1 Like

Oh yeah…I met her at Buona Sera before she opened her lingerie shop, but fairly soon after the whole Spitzer thing had broken. Probably about 10 years ago.

I like the correction at the end!
:smiley:

1 Like

That’s just the half of yet.

1 Like

I do enjoy how every article about her has to state how she married a “construction magnate” or “paving magnate”, like wealthy businessman or construction exec wasn’t good enough.

One day I’ll post more of the story- but her and her husband both acted totally self important and were making a point of standing out.

1 Like