New Unico Restaurant opening in Hartsdale

I noticed last week that it looks like a new restaurant is opening in the spot where Mimi’s bar & Grill was. Not a good spot since parking is abysmal in the area. The have a help wanted sign, but no sign of an opening date. The inside looks 80-90% finished.

The Chef/Owner, Brian Sernatinger, graduated from the French Culinary Institute (same place I did, it seems he was 3 years before me) and has worked in some great places in NYC (Grammercy Tavern, Craft) as well as six years in Spain, and in 4-5 years in Mexico, where he had his own restaurant of the same name, Unico, in Tulum.

3 Likes

Absolutely horrendous location. I’m surprised that the gyro place is still on the corner,but at least they are geared more towards both restaurant and casual take-out. A place that is intended to serve as a destination,to spend time at would have to be incredibly good to draw repeat business.

I agree.

If the food is good, we will be there every week. Desperate for a new, interesting, neighborhood place.

Welcome to Hungry Onion, deganon!! Glad you found us. We’d love to know more about you - please tell us about yourself on the thread below!!

Looks like Hartsdale is the new hot spot for restaurant openings!

1 Like

And closings. They’ve had quite a few of those in the past few years.