CCE needs to take the day off too !

2 Likes

Oy! You “went there”!

3 Likes

I think everyone in this thread has earned tomorrow off. LOL

4 Likes

@CCE,
Would you please post the link?
I’d be interested in reading that thread.
Thanks

I resent that! :rage:

1 Like

Took some looking - for some reason running a search on all threads for youtube.com wasn’t finding it.

A thread on “Worst Kitchenware” you’ve bought. The link is pegged at comment 18 which is the AB video, but be sure to scroll up to the GIF in number 17. I’ve never done quite exactly what that young lady did, but I’ve had plenty of similar mishaps.

1 Like

I Just watched a you tube video for the pomegranate deseeder. It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and does not look any faster than the underwater or banging with back of spoon method. It gets my vote for silliest uni-tasker. Previous winner of silly gadget award in this house was an avocado slicer someone gifted me. Maybe it is just me but it takes me longer to find these things in a drawer and then clean and put away than it is worth.

I have a few uni-taskers some might find silly so I won’t judge if someone finds them useful.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to locate the link and posting it.
That’s odd because I posted on that thread and somehow missed that post.
I enjoyed watching, thank you again.

1 Like

I agree, I use the back of the spoon method taught to me by a Lebanese woman ( that I use to babysit for) who cooked frequently with them.

I also had an avacado slicer gifted to me too because I like to cook.
It has to be the right size avocado to use it efficiently.
Might be fun if you have small children and mine did get gifted to Goodwill.

It’s true once you aquire some knife skills many uni-taskers become obsolete.

2 Likes

I think it’s for lopping off the end of a soft boiled egg, after you set it in one of those special egg cups.

1 Like

But I thought we were playing “name that gadget”, not “silliest unitasker”. I wonder if many are on both lists.
I’m going to check out the AB video. Sounds like fun.

2 Likes

Yes, this is “name that gadget thread” . That’s patially my fault, I asked for the video to be posted here because I couldn’t find it.
A little off topic yet the video is interesting to watch.

2 Likes

I was enthralled with pomegranate tea when we visited Turkey. Bought some and made some. I don’t recall the specifics of how I dehydrated local California pomegranate, but I recall it involved some sugar. I might have pictures here on HO.

1 Like

It’s always the recommended way on TV cooking programmes but I’ve never been able to manage it satisfactorily. Soem seeds come out but most don’t. I think you must need very ripe poms and, perhaps, we just don’t import them. That said, I find it a therapeutic job to pull the poms apart by hand.

3 Likes

LOL, mine also when to second hand store.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

One of my daughters somewhere found and brought home a pomegranate white tea, in individual bags (they usually buy bulk). I don’t exactly know what “white tea” is (although I looked it up and it seems to be real tea, just younger leaves) but this was my favorite tea until it ran out.

Unfortunately, although I know for sure I didn’t buy it, none of them remember doing so either, and don’t know where they got it if they did (the were in 3 different colleges in 3 states at the time, and all 3 have pretty eclectic shopping habits). Certainly it’s not in my regular groceries, nor in the H-Mart nearby. Urg. But maybe I’ll find it again.

2 Likes

The 16 and 20 count are sold out the 30 is available.
Or was it loose tea that you were looking for?

1 Like

Cool! Thanks so much. I’m fine with bagged or loose tea. Weird that for some items, I will immediately look to online sources, while for other (such as tea), I’ll only look in stores.

Now I just have to convince my wife to buy it. We have something on the order of 45 types of tea here, and she’s loathe to add more. But “hey we used to have this” should be enough.

(As background, she and I just spent 3 hours going through the pantry and tossing stuff “we’re never gonna use” and there were a lot of teas in that bucket.)

2 Likes

I bash the pom with a pestle holding it over a very big bowl in the sink. Must wear an apron and cover nearby things with old papers.

I keep the juices so I don’t submerge the pom in water like some people. That’s just wasting the juices.

1 Like