My thighs are marinating

Chicken thighs. Get your mind out of the gutter. Anyway, now that I have your attention …

I was going to pan fry these boneless chicken thighs after they are finished brining in a salt/sugar mix. Last time I hit them with a hot and sweet Korean sauce and the family loved them. But I am looking for another way to prepare them. Ideas?

TIA.

Make “falafel” chicken:

Chicken coating:

egg
chickpea flour
almond flour
sesame seeds
chili pepper
cumin
coriander
cardmom
dried parsley
onion powder
garlic powder

Dip pounded chicken breast/thigh in chickpea flour, beaten egg, then seasoned mix of chickpea and almond flours. Pan fry and serve with tomato-olive-feta salad and tahini-garlic sauce.

7 Likes

Damn. I was so hoping…

Cook in butter till the skin is crisp and golden. Add a glass of white wine, whatever soft herbs you might have, soem lemon juice and, finally, soem more butter

That’s an idea from my fave recipe writer, Nigel Slater, as is this one:

4 Likes

Vietnamese-esque: Minced lemongrass, fish sauce, chilli flakes, pinch of sugar.

Moroccan-esque: preserved lemon, garlic, Moroccan spices. Slow-cooked in the style of tagine.

3 Likes

Love this, but without the curry powder.

4 Likes

Have any of you tried the “cupcake” chicken style that Myron Mixon made famous? It’s on my list of things to cook.

1 Like

As is known, I’m a pretty open minded guy, but something about chicken and cupcakes together strikes me as somehow wrong …

Darn you @corvette_johnny ! Now I have to google this.

1 Like

A prep using smoked paprika, garlic, and fennel is in my current rotation for chicken thighs - based on this recipe.

2 Likes

One of my all-time favorite preps for BISO chicken thighs:

They also often get the Greek treatment: marinade in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic & onion powder, paprika, thyme, rosemary & a shit ton of oregano.

3 Likes

That looks really good. I ended up going with the familiar and made Korean Fried Chicken.

2 Likes

I guess I’m feeling deprived of sunshine. I immediately thought of someone slathered in Hawaiian Tropic lounging on a warm beach with the soothing sound of waves… Pool boy serving endless refills of fruity drinks with requisite paper umbrellas would be the cherry on top!

4 Likes

I see that you like your thighs hairy.

4 Likes

Damn, again. I thought I was in the closet on that one.

4 Likes

Hair isn’t the biggest problem, but the chewy part, need definitely a stew and some strong red wine to mask. :laughing:

1 Like

I resemble that remark!

Only for me it’s spelled Wild Bore

1 Like

The day when the marination is finished, let us know, we will vote for the best cook on HO to handle this delicacy.

1 Like

Just another Asian treatment, but I think it works beautifully:

2 Likes

this is almost like the sauce I use for Char Siu
I just took some out of the freezer ( made last fall) and cooked my hciken legs in it
I do have there ingredients in it aside from what is in this website
I can see star anise in mine with some hot pepper but no ketchup
thanks

1 Like

Mmmm, I would go for a Korean BBQ-esque treatment. Marinated with some brown sugar, gochujang, sesame oil, soy and some ginger/scallion.

My other choice, though I much prefer this with bone-in chicken, is the Taiwanese 3-cup chicken treatment. Soy sauce, sesame oil, shaoxing wine and scallion, ginger, and lots of garlic cloves. Topped with some basil leaves before serving. Yum!

3 Likes

Skin on?

I’ve done The Food Lab’s Guide to Crispy Sous Vide Chicken Thighs

1 Like