My never ending quest - new restaurants I won't hate in Tristate NY, CT area

Haven’t been here in awhile - why do I never remember to take pictures? - Emma’s Ale House in White Plains.

Got my four top, got my extra napkin, got my ice for my Bombay Gimlet and I was a happy camper.

So they brought two stocky soft pretzel logs with a side of mustard to the table, and hey were those good!

I had a Caesar salad and Gedney chips with a side of blue cheese aioli, and I was more than happy.

Hubby liked their burger and after I twisted his arm to return the regular fries for the sweet potato fries he had ordered, he was happy.

Plenty of food for lunch, not any much cheaper than yesterday ($45. each yesterday, $35. each today, remember when dinner could be had in Westchester for that price?) but so it goes. At least it was good, no it was very good.

Meeting a friend there tomorrow for lunch. Love the dogs on the walls. Good Caesar.

1 Like

This is probably my 2nd post here, sorry if I overstep my bounds, but I think this thread represents a poor way to organize reviews.

1 Like

we don’t need no steenking organization. :grinning:

1 Like

:slight_smile: as a newcomer, it’s tough to sift through 182 posts looking for nuggets on where to eat.

2 Likes

Sorry, hon. This has turned out to be a stream of consciousness reporting of places at which I eat. There’s no organization, I had enough of organization to last me a lifetime after my 33 year so-called career in a major corporation.

And with the amount of views this thread has had, I’d say it’s pretty amazingly popular.

Thanks, rich, you are quite correct.

P.S. q-d: You can always start your own thread, right?

1 Like

Hi and welcome Quietdesperation we could use a new thread or two here… as you can see it has been pretty quiet…please would you be willing to start one… specifically stating what you are looking for in a response as you did here …I am sure there are others that would like this too …I don’t see why we cant accommodate everyone
IMO not over stepping …seems you were just expressing what you would like and what your experience here has been and you were very polite about it

2 Likes

Rich and Dee…rock on!

Yes, I agree. I was going to start a thread today and just say where is everyone!!!

1 Like

Actually, I didn’t mean anything by my response. I just couldn’t take this too seriously. I agree if really wanting advice a new thread should/could be started. But (imho) Westchester doesn’t seem able to sustain much of a thread- mostly through lack of interesting restaurants (roadfood type places for me). Fwiw,stopped at Popeyes (portchester) yesterday and a car was in the drive up window lane- license was “roadfood”,wondered if it was connected w/web-site.

Good question, Gwenn.:grin:

Not to worry, rich. That’s the best thing about this place, besides the fact that it isn’t Chowhound. There’s a freedom here that is very refreshing and liberating.

BTW, how is Popeye’s? I’m often temped but never stop in .

who is your audience? If your intent is to share your reviews and thoughts with others, why not do as jfood does, and start a thread with the name of a topic or restaurant? that makes usable for others.

and yes, your thread has a lot of views because it has to be read each and every time for new information. imagine how popular the thread would be if it was the only thread on the forum. if you’re really concerned with popularity, you can post separate threads and total up the views for all your threads. Perhaps you can post a leader board.

and yes, we can all start our own personal threads with titles like “new restaurants I won’t hat in Tristate NY, CT area” but common sense dictates otherwise.

Whatever.

Usually a big fan of Popeyes,but yesterday- lets see trying to get to the counter for my tray,a guy standing in the way banged into my walker,which already had my drink on it- big puddle in the middle of the floor,got to the table -wrong side dish and no hot sauce (which i had asked for) and no dipping sauce.Went back for the right side dish asked for hot sauce and dip sauce,started to use the hot sauce (strange looking red),only to find it was ketchup.but at least no rush to return now L

quiet desperation is a good name for you. well done

1 Like

I really thought you were interested in bringing something to the site.
Instead you are taking other peoples inventory… Bummer
There are many threads on this board…why did you stop to comment only on this
one…What is your motive for being here? Do you want to be part of the problem (as you see it)
or part of the solution?

Welcome quietdesperation. I think there is a place for both of these. And if you are following the thread there is no need to read through the entire thing as you will be automatically dropped where you left off when you open it. Have you been anyplace you are to open a thread about?

I wanted to be part of the solution for the problem(as I see it). Clearly, you all don’t think there’s a problem, no big deal, lots of other food forums on the Internet, I’ll simply post elsewhere.

I see no evidence of this
No it’s pretty clear… I think you accomplished exactly what you came here to do