"My Kitchen Rules"

My Kitchen Rules

Anyone watched this? Am I just desperate?

For me it’s about largish dinner parties, which I never do.

1 Like

I’m getting an error code from The Guardian @shrinkrap.

1 Like

Not surprised. They keep telling me I’ve read my share of free articles. I’ve donated in the past, then they snuck in the recurring payment thing. I do find myself on their links a lot, but I felt burned.

I think I fixed it, but maybe I can find another link.

1 Like

Oh, no worries, just wanted to let you know.

1 Like

Thanks - works!

1 Like

A British version of MKR had three series between 2014 and 2017. It held absolutely no interest for me, so I’ve no idea what it was like.

1 Like

Haha I thought your thread was going to be about everyone’s dif kitchen “rules” :joy:

2 Likes

Eleven seasons on Amazon Prime Video. Overview on Wikipedia.

Intriguing, especially season 5 with the Food Truck Round (although the indication from Wikipedia is it’s a kitchen in a semi-trailer, not a real Food Truck). Reality shows rarely hold my interest so we’ll see when I scan my watchlist for my next binge watch.

1 Like

That could be fun.

1 Like

I watched binge watched all 11 seasons during the covid lock down. And yes I was desperate for anything to occupy my time.

1 Like

Sigh. We need an updated list of good cooking/food/edible garden shows.

I agree, however I have probably watched the all.

1 Like

Anything with Jacques Pepin or Julia Child. grin Victory Garden

2 Likes

I’ve seen this show a few times. Mainly about gardening but it might be right up your alley.

1 Like

Looks like it is ! Thanks!

I like “Grow,Cook, Eat”.

Also, note to self; don’t forget “Edible Feast”. I like that one too.

1 Like

I’ve not heard of it so I will check it out now. Thank you!

Sometimes, but not always, switching to Privacy mode is a workaround

1 Like

Somewhere on HO someone commented about the use of the word “entree” in the US vs. Europe or maybe the UK.

So I’m watching MKR, where an entree is served before a “main”. One contestant team decides to serve one instead of two lamb chops for the entree, and someone complained "“there’s a fine line between appetizer and entree”. I’d like to know more about that.

This was an easy find.

What is interesting to me is that the MKR judge was either reflecting a differentiation that doesn’t exist above the equator or is a pretentious ignoramus. grin

An important kitchen rule here is that if it falls on the kitchen floor - don’t touch it! Or you might pull back a bloody stump from the assistant.

4 Likes