More Chowhound Shenanigans

Gwenn,

I feel the same way. Westchester gets a lot of traffic, CT is very difficult to gain any traction with posts.

1 Like

But a lot of the posts in Westchester are kind of pointless. Not really discussions. Keep posting Jeff! I enjoy your reviews.

The younger set view people who hang out on food boards as, basically, dinosaurs:

This further includes the blogosphere in general.

So I suggest everybody get used to what is left, cause it ainā€™t coming back.

Not ever.

2 Likes

I have never seen a discussion board where this was not the case.

4 Likes

Well it didnā€™t take long for this kind of negativity to begin here. Must come with the territory. Disappointing to say the least.

Funny, maybe Iā€™ve not been active enough lately (or on different threads), but I havenā€™t seen much negativity or assholery.

Guess Iā€™m lucky.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t either, but I guess the post (above) by JMF seemed a bit stong to me.

3 Likes

In just the last few days, people upthread have referred to CH posters as "bellendsā€™ and ā€˜dorksā€™. Seems like people are transferring their anger w/ CBSi to CH users. Not friendly and not necessary. Time to make like Elsa andā€¦

5 Likes

I heard heā€™s getting his own channel on chowhound:

Oh Jaysus. This is the second Goofus and Gallant joke Iā€™ve seen today. (The first was made by me on FB earlier.). Love it.

Sure they give him one but I could never get my own board!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer a Purple Oneā€™s channel. Letā€™s cook up one of these and chill. http://www.escoffieronline.com/make-something-purple-in-honor-of-prince/  

Happy Holidays, folks. Time to be nice to each other. :slight_smile:

Ditto that. Unless JMF is just talking about the NY/CT board, which I donā€™t frequent. The WFD thread remains quite civil and friendly.

3 Likes

Um.

Dorks is now offensive? Did you read the discussion on CH? it wasnt exactly an academic discussionā€¦and there was a lot more angst and snark than a schoolground epithet would suggest.

Yes it was very strong. Unfortunately, I have seen it and itā€™s bothersome. And apparently some of the worst offenders donā€™t even think they are the ones offending.

2 Likes

Yes, you just canā€™t throw the ā€œDā€ word around anymore. People will get offended and take to the streets.

The only people left on Chowhound are idiots and angry misanthropes.

Sorry but itā€™s not even worth checking anymore.

And yet here you are, posting againā€¦

Iā€™d generally agree with a number of JMFā€™s points (not just the one Iā€™ve quoted). Unfortunately the comments s/he makes are a fact of life with discussion boards, pretty much as they are in real life.

I contribute to another board (different subject entirely) - I joined on day 2 after it was formed over a decade ago. Itā€™s nature has changed over the years, as has the contributor base - and generally, I donā€™t have the interest that I once had. I doubt I even open 5% of new posts, let alone read them. One of the great benefits that the operating system has (it works on Invision for the techies amongst you) is that you can ā€œignoreā€ particular contributors which means you never see their posts. Itā€™s really great when you have a small number of arsewipes who just irritate the hell out of you as soon as they start typing.

What I will say about HO (and I make comparisons with CH and the other board I mentioned) is that we seem remarkably free of arsewipes. Thereā€™s been a couple over the period (canā€™t recall their usernames) but, you know, shit happens. Maybe itā€™s that I donā€™t contribute to as many discussions here, so donā€™t come across the people JMF refers to - but we donā€™t seem to have the heated topics that seemed to attract arsewipes on CH, for instance.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

Well hereā€™s a few for you:

Gotta say that when you really need these there is no substitute.

Also lately I am finding the witch hazel variety particularly soothing.