Mordeo Boutique Wine Bar [Las Vegas, NV]

Mordeo Boutique Wine Bar is an Asian fusion-y restaurant in Las Vegas’s Chinatown from chef Khai Vu, who also runs District One Kitchen and Bar, also in Chinatown. Mordeo means bite in Latin, and the restaurant focuses on wine and small plates.

I went here for lunch. At lunch (which is only on weekdays) they only offer a prix fixe “power lunch” menu, where you select an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert, with also the option of adding several supplements. The dinner menu is much more expansive.

Crispy Fish Cake
ocean trout, corn *& bell pepper succotash, pimento aioli, micro cilantro
For my first course, I had the crispy fish cake, which made of ocean trout. Served on a bed of corn and topped with a spicy aioli. Quite good. Crispy and almost all fish.

Pulpo Salad (+$5)
grilled sweet soy glazed pulpo., arugula, julienne tomato, quinoa, fingerling potato, yuzo kosho
This was recommended to me but honestly I could probably have done without it. It’s apparently a variation of a popular dish off the dinner menu. The grilled octopus were tender, well seasoned and good but the arugula salad was kind of boring.

Pan Seared Ocean Trout
yukon potato, broccolini, yuzu beurre blanc, micro shiso, sansho pepper
Some more ocean trout for the main course. This was delicious. Medium rare trout that was a little pinker in the middle. Very nice super crispy fried skin. Potatoes were also fried nicely and the rich and slightly citrusy butter yuzu sauce was great with the trout and the potatoes.

Caramel Flan
sesame-butter-cookie
For dessert I had the flan, which was also delicious. It was creamy and dense, with a slightly bitter burnt caramel top. It had a little crumbly sesame cookie on top.

Overall this was a very nice lunch and very reasonably priced with friendly service. I probably should have went for dinner though. Maybe next time.

More Pictures

1 Like