Metro Detroit / Grubhouse

In the short life of Grubhouse, a family diner only a short stroll from our house, I’ve always considered it to be a breakfast destination. They do have soups, sandwiches, burgers and dinner plates on their eye-pleasing menu; but anywhere that can offer 24 different omelettes–as well as the customary plates of eggs, with…, and waffles and flapjacks, truly makes a strong statement about its cooking strengths. And most times, the diner’s parking lot shows this preference as well.

I’m showcasing the Farmer’s Omelette here in photos, because it’s my go-to breakfast choice the majority of the times I’ve (we’ve) stopped in. However, my wife’s favorite is the Western. After one try with the Corned Beef Omelette, I’ve ruled this out forevermore because it is just too salty.

Service is always efficient and engaging, and friendly. The dining room is bright, airy and clean. Prices are pushing the upper limit just a bit, but meal sizes are very generous. Coffee is adequate. Just adequate. But then, after thousands of cups I’ve choked down, at hundreds of diners in SE Michigan, I’ve concluded that coffee has always been an afterthought at a Michigan diner.

http://mygrubhouse.com/

2 Likes