McRib Returns

Are you a fan? Will you indulge?

1 Like

I’ve been known to down one or two every time they are around. Don’t ask me why.

2 Likes

Not a fan but I hope this should be good for shareholders.

1 Like

I will but without the bun. Cant stand McDs bread.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, I actually heard the Mc’Rib was coming back 2 weeks ago and went to get one for lunch. Either the local Mc D’s isn’t participating -or- I was a premature-mc-riber. I walked away with a double quarter pounder with cheese. Not the worst problem in the world to have.

4 Likes

2nd attempt and skunked again!!! I did try the “smokehouse” burger which was good, but again at the $12. price point, Mc’ Donalds needs to stick to what they know, cheap burgers. If I wanted to drop $ 12 on a burger (and fries) I would sit my ass down at a pub/bar and get a real burger, and something more adult to wash it down. (sure that will push me over the $12 price point, but that’s why Mc D’s has no business being in the $10+ burger category!!! )

1 Like

Maybe this helps:

https://mcriblocator.com/find.html

1 Like

Wow…excellent thank you!!! (except it doesn’t show any in my state :hot_face:)

1 Like

Dude! You need the mcd app. It’s easy and you can get dollar or 2 dollar sandwiches. (Not dqp)

I literally went on a binge of dollar big macs for a few weeks…and a couple quarters with the new fresh beef. I probably had like 8 or so and that is more mcd then I eat in a year, probably 2.

4 Likes

A short and sweet note to the CEO (El Queso Grande) sent by snail mail might elicit a meaningful response:

1 Like

Holy moly!

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here…(I still want one)

1 Like

Apparently a year-round item here is just a nonstop flight away:

http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/mcmenue

1 Like

Talk about an axe to grind. What is this tool box trying to prove? Everyone who eats a mcrib knows they are not eating rib meat off the bone. Lol…I mean everyone.

How is the pickle not a pickle? It’s a cucumber with preservatives just like almost all other pickles.

I wonder how much a mcrib would actually cost to produce from scratch with “healthy” ingredients and no preservatives inside a restaurant. I’m talking about real rib meat braised until tender, a fresh baked roll made from scratch, BBQ sauce made from fresh tomato, and pickles fresh out of the brine. I can’t even come up with a legit number as no restaurant would even go through the trouble.

1 Like

It should be fairly easy with country-style ribs (loin not shoulder). No?

You could not produce anything like a McRib using those techniques. The unique thing you get with the McRib is the same unique thing you get with the McNugget. That chewy, smooth, almost but not quite rubbery texture is a triumph of modern food processing. The article writer is correct on that front, the McRib and McNugget are restructured meats. You can’t achieve it by just cooking an actual piece of muscle meat, it needs to be assembled and cooked and pressed from many parts of the animal, more like scrapple or headcheese or something.

Yes. I’m glad someone can see my point of view. I don’t even like this sandwich but I’m glad you see what I mean. It’s a 5 dollar sandwich and it is what is is. Eat it knowing that this is fast food. To call out random ingredients that may cause cancer is absurd.

I changed my car battery the other day. According to the state of CA I may die lol

4 Likes

I’m not a Dr but I wouldn’t travel to the state of California if I were you! Stay safe !!

We would accept Corvette Johnny in Oregon as an honorary West Coaster under our current asylum laws! We don’t even have troops at the border.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Over 70 ingredients just means you are getting your money’s worth. I’m just surprised to learn the first ingredient is pork.

4 Likes