May 2022 COTM Nominations

COOK EAT REPEAT by Nigella Lawson

BLACK FOOD (as already mentioned)
FLAVORS OF THE SUN (as already mentioned)
BOTTOM OF THE POT (as already mentioned)
EDIT: Also as already mentioned: FIRE OF PERU and TASTING ROME

I’m adding BOTTOM OF THE POT.

COOK EAT REPEAT by Nigella Lawson

I’m adding with thanks to MelMM for reminding me:

SUMMER KITCHENS Recipes and Reminiscences from Every Corner of Ukraine by Olia Hercules

I got it from the library just now and although it’s hardly summer here in Boston and won’t be for sometime, it’s very interesting.

Not expecting it to make it this month, but submitting in an effort to keep it in the running for future consideration.

I really like this author’s other cookbooks (Kaukasis: A Culinary Journey through Georgia, Azerbaijan & Beyond, which I own and and enjoy, and Mamushka, which I was finally able to order today from Amazon. I seemed to have purchased the last copy available today after checking often over weeks). Seems to be available on Kindle, but I can’t cook from Kindle.

Before nominating Summer Kitchens, I looked on Amazon to see the status of Mamushka, and noticed only one copy left in stock. That is why I nominated Summer Kitchens instead. I did get Mamushka when it was on a very cheap deal for Kindle. I don’t love the Kindle format, but it was worthwhile to get a look.

I would like to say that Summer Kitchens is not all what we would consider summer produce in the US. There should be no hesitancy to cook from this book based on season. There are plenty of winter veg included, root vegetables, and yes, there are summer vegetables. I think for most of us in the US it would be considered an all-season book. I’m making a mushroom/grain/bean dish from it for dinner tonight.

A CHANGE OF APPETITE by Diana Henry
AT MY TABLE by Nigella Lawson

REAL CAJUN by Donald Link

REAL CAJUN by D. Link

and

LAND OF FISH AND RICE

and

MESA MEXICANA

Sorry for the weird posting. It wouldn’t let me add them without more. Ugh

1 Like

THE KOREAN VEGAN
TASTING ROME
SUMMER KITCHENS

HO, this should not require a complete sentence, please fix.

1 Like

FINE COOKING APPETIZERS

2 Likes

THE WOK
THE FIRE OF PERU
COOK THIS BOOK (Molly Baz)

Bumping this with a reminder that nominations close on April 18 at noon.

I’ve had a chance to spend some time with my library copy of Summer Kitchens, and I agree, this a a year-round book. It’s fascinating and compelling, with really interesting recipes, beautiful photographs, and endearing stories.

I’d be happy to cook from the library copy since I can’t justify purchasing it now.

I’m now at the one-in, three-out stage for cookbooks and I am way behind in doing some futuring planning work for my son. So I do the future planning and then tackle the cookbooks (and other books). A good incentive to get me finally finishing the really emotionally taxing and energy draining future planning.

2 Likes

THE WOK & THE FOOD LAB - A Kenji month

Last call for nominations! The nomination period ends at noon tomorrow.

Nominations are closed. A voting thread will be up shortly.

Your voting thread is here:

The reporting thread for May is here:

June COTM nominations are open!