[Los Altos] Tre Monti- Calabrian restaurant by Calabrians

Tre Monti is a new restaurant in Los Altos, opened by three Calabrians who try to bring a little bit of Calabria to the Bay Area. We first visited when they were open for a few weeks.

We asked for their Calabrian specialties. And these two dishes were recommended along with the salumi and cheese plate, which we didn’t order.

The cavatelli alla calabrisella was very nice. The pork shoulder and Calabrian sausage ragu was seasoned just right. They made all their pasta in house. A little nit pick would be that the pasta could use just a tad less cooking to give it just a little more spring.

_D3A4326

The bianca amatriciana is a bit less successful. Felt the potato didn’t really blend in with the rest of the pizza. Ithink I’d try more of the pasta instead next time.

Menu below. I have a bit of concern about their longevity because of the prices. For a new comer to charge $2x for a plate of pasta in a modest looking osteria-type of space is quite a lot. For example, Portola Kitchen (whose pasta I also like though I prefer the cavatelli here at Tre Monti) has a nicer space and is not as expensive. I don’t like Vino Enoteca’s pasta but its much fancier space than Tre Monti, and still cheaper.

2 Likes