Looking for Chiles en Nogada - SF to San Jose

Craving this delicious dish, havent had it in years. Did a HO search, posts are a few years old. Anyone seen them recently? Would love the real thing!

1 Like

The only place in the city I regularly see it is at La Torta Gorda on the specials menu (I think it’s seasonal with pomegranates). I’ve never had that dish there but their other dishes are usually pretty good and the owner Armando is from Puebla.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Really hoping to find this dish some place on the Peninsula. The real thing is truly delicious… When we get back I will check with La Fonda de los Carnalitos in Redwood City. Will post if I succeed…

1 Like

There are a few places on the peninsula which have it in their menu but haven’t tried it at any of these places. I guess you should take one for the team:

Estrellita Mexican Bistro (Los Altos$
Corazon (Sunnyvale)

4 Likes

Did you try a google search? I typed in Chiles en Nogada, and got a decent list, a couple in SF, El Buen Comar and Californio’s (if you go, please review) and Reposados in Palo Alto. There’s also 3 places in the East Bay (Tacubaya, Berkeley). I can’t vouch but those places are reviewed.

3 Likes

Will plan to do that soon! Thanks…

I did try a Google search but only got recipes so guess I didnt do the search properly… Will check these places & report back!

Recipes!

I know it’s not what you’re looking for, but those are good.

Tis the season for pomegranate and the last of the poblanos.

3 Likes

Try Yelp, this is what I found: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Chiles+En+Nogada&find_loc=San+Francisco%2C+CA

Also for the google search, try: “Chiles en Nogada near me”, that should show quite a few.

3 Likes