[London] Brazilian lunch at Frigideira, Kensal Rise

Frigideira (Portuguese for ‘frying pan’) is one of the better options among the clutch of Brazilian eateries in the Kensal Rise/Kensal Green area.

These are both Caiprinha Limao (lime caiprinha) which we started off with. Not as strong as those I’d had before, bartender’s holding back on the cachaça.

Started off with a crisp Pastel de Feira with Brazilian sausage & cheese (Calabresa e Queijo) filling. I found this pretty addictive - what’s not to love about a crispy shell enfolding a gooey, tasty cheese-and-ham filling.

Feijoada Completa - the unmissable Brazilian staple dish of stewed black beans, with pork and sausages, served with farofa (fried manioc flour), rice and collard greens. Don’t think I’d ever had a bad feijoada, but this one is really up there with the best. Loads of pig spare parts, but I love the tail best.

File de Tilapia - pan-fried tilapia fillets, served with rice, black beans, fried plantains and salad. Moist tender fillets in crisp batter, went very well with the rice & beans, and bursts of sweetness from the caramelised plantains.

Frigideira has a pretty extensive menu - the variety of snacks and pastel (pastries) itself warrants a return visit.

Address
Frigideira
37 Chamberlayne Road
London NW10 3NB, UK
Tel: +44 20 8962 8800
Opening hours:
Mon-Thu 12noon-10.30pm
Fri-Sun 12noon-11pm

5 Likes