Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

So glad you decided to post! I say that “cooking” is however we need to, or decide to, feed ourselves. I cook and at the same time am all about shortcuts. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Takeout is more than welcome at our house too. Really good takeout? That’s bliss to me.

8 Likes

Greedygirl - how nice to catch up with you again and welcome to HO. It’ll be nice to have another poster in the UK. We 're off to Southern Tenerife in a week or so, for our annual trip -postponed from Janaury due to Omicron fears…

Welcome to all the other newcomers,as well.

6 Likes

You can also just click on the time stamp at the end of a topic on the main page or Latest (or regional board, etc.) and it will take you to the latest post in the thread. And you can read backwards :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Love your user name and will be looking forward to discussions about Indian Vegetarian food, particularly.

4 Likes

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to HO. There is a Texas forum, mostly populated by people from Houston, like me. The CH Houston board migrated over here in '15 when one of our most stalwart posters was banned. There are occasional posters from elsewhere in Texas but most Chowhounds never found this board if they were looking for an escape from CH-dom.

3 Likes
  1. Philly area.
  2. Awesome tasting food at a reasonable price, no $100+ meals.
  3. Reading Terminal Market, there is many great eateries right next to each other.
  4. I strive to strike the balance between making the world a better place and having fun. Since no politics are allowed here, I am here to have fun.
15 Likes

Isn’t the world :earth_africa: a better place when we’re having fun?
I at least try to too.
Welcome!
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Hello John!

Funnily enough, I came across you today on the Tripadvisor forums! The food in northern Tenerife is fantastic. The weather is not as good but I can take that in return for a less touristy experience!

5 Likes

Could some explain please how I reply to a post so it appears in quotes? It’s not a simple as hitting reply I’ve discovered- which is how I assumed it would work!

1 Like

Mouse cursor (+ left mouse button, or whatever key combo your device uses) over text to select.

1 Like

@greedygirl - select the text, and then click the “quote” pop-up.

3 Likes

A BIG HUNGRY ONION HELLO TO ALL OUR NEW USERS!!!

My apologies for not being able to keep up and do individual greetings to everyone but please do accept my warmest welcome!! Welcome to our little section of the foodieverse on the internet!!

I see that many of you have either joined years ago, but never participated or knew of use but never joined. Since you are all here now I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions to help us continue to improve the site.

1.) If you joined before, but never participated why? (outside of obviously Chow closing)
2.) If you are new or previously joined but not participated, what made you choose us now vs. other options?
3.) What are your main objectives from a food forum like this /Chow?

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to myself or any member / moderator.
(do we have a list of moderators we can supply so people know?)

Sincerely,
NotJr
(Moderator NJ Board)

7 Likes

I just recently joined, having been on Chowhound for the past 14 years or so. I did not know about Hungry Onion previously.

In terms of objectives, being Toronto-based I am mainly looking to share and receive discerning food intel for the Toronto area. However as I slowly start to travel again, I also will value the same intel for places that I will go to.

11 Likes

Be sure to check out the Food Gardening, Foraging sub-forum. Here’s a popular thread.

6 Likes

12 Likes

I’m a HO !

And our gatherings are HODowns!

6 Likes

Or, HOotenannies.

3 Likes

Is also what I yell when you trip and fall.

2 Likes

Welcome and woot! I live in Bellingham, @Babette is in Seattle and @Lambchop is in Gig Harbor. I also have a freshman at UPS near to you. So happy to have new blood in the northwest corner.

4 Likes

Ooh ooh - share where please? I just responded to @innerharbors with a bunch of us PNWs…

2 Likes

Fantastic! There’s a whole lot of good eating here, looking forward to discovering it and dishing about it on the PNW board. I nearly moved to Bellingham (SO PRETTY) but we decided against for various reasons. Hoping to get back up there for recreational visits someday soon.

1 Like