Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Welcome! I lived in DC from 77-84 and spent a lot of time eating blue crabs and in Bmore. Now I’m in the SFBay area and know good crabs! JK.

3 Likes

Nice to see you again!

1 Like

Hello, I am a long time lurker both here and there. I thank the community for all the knowledge that I’ve gained through the years. Hungry Onion has been a wonderful place to check in with like minded people. Cheers

11 Likes

Welcome @mig !

(You may want to keep your CH username as most people do, for easy spotting and cross-reference!)

1 Like

Yaaaay! Welcome LLM!

This interface is SO much easier once you figure out the buttons.

And so helpfully interactive - you can reply to specific posts and have your comment link back, reference specific posters (eg @LulusMom1 @sallyt @Madrid ) and have them see it even if they didn’t see the thread or post otherwise, and soooo many more user-friendly features!

6 Likes

Welcome. I remember you from CH. Glad to have you here!!!

3 Likes

hi everyone! Thanks @saregama for the tag - I’m getting used to this interface which isn’t intuitive to me? I’ve been on CH since the “beginning” and am happy to connect here. I lived outside of Boston, love food and eating, and in particular, loving baking…

19 Likes

Welcome @sallyt! The Greater Boston board here can always use more postings and more voices. Shameless plug because that’s my “home” board. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Of particular interest to you might be a running thread called Crumbs and sweets, your making 2022. You can dip into ongoing discussion among some of HOs most frequent bakers there.

Everybody’s welcome on all the HO boards of course. I sure have learned lots from smart posters from other geographies who I never would have “met” otherwise.

7 Likes

Welcome! I look forward to learning from everyone joining HO. This is a special forum.

Rooster

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m a few-years-long CH member migrating over here (same user name). I live in St. Louis MO and cook for myself plus husband and teen daughter. I am obsessive about my weekly meal plan, and I love reading about others’ weekly plans and supporting others’ cooking adventures. Excited to join @saregama, @sallyt, @LulusMom1 @MidwesternerTT @Madrid @mig @pistachiopeas (and anyone else I forgot) and meet some new people too!

24 Likes

Very happy to read this because when I joined HO I didn’t know anyone and I was never a member of Chowhound. Retiring while my spouse is still working combined with the renewed desire to learn how to feed myself better at home with time to do it brought me to seek a forum like this one.

6 Likes
  1. I am in Austin, Texas.
  2. My passions include French, Italian, Mexican, and Indian cooking, martinis and bourbon, and collecting interesting cookware with a heavy French focus.
  3. My favorite food experiences span 70 plus years and range from curry dinners at my grandparents in the early 1950s to the carnitas tacos I made last night.
  4. I have cooked both at home and professionally. I read cookbooks for inspiration, but I honestly cannot recall the last time I followed a recipe, even for baking.
23 Likes

You’ll fit right in.
Welcome to the camp.
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! It’s great to get another Texan! And someone else who doesn’t follow recipes.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m in Toronto, where I cook for myself, my husband, and our 2 young kids. I love planning our weekly dinner menus and I love cookbooks. Like others, coming here from Chowhound and really hoping to maintain that lively exchange about cookbooks and weekly meal planning.

20 Likes

Wait - you go all the way back to 1998? (I started on CH in 2001). And while I don’t use the Boston boards as much as @GretchenS or @tomatotomato I am in the Boston area as well. Welcome to HO!

8 Likes

Yay! Welcome PP @pistachiopeas!

8 Likes

Hi @MonicaMadeIt! Great to see you here!

4 Likes

@LindaWhit - my first post on CH was in 2007, but I lurked for YEARS before posting. I don’t remember the exact date that I joined.

6 Likes

We’ve got you now!
Welcome.
We have fun.

6 Likes