Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Welcome to HO! Glad to have you here!

Oh yeah I loved Shari Lewis & her puppet Lambchop! I even saw her at my school, maybe 3rd grade or so. Shari died much too young unfortunately.

2 Likes

Will do as its a perfect day for that. BTW I love your posts with the beautiful photos! Thanks for the welcome as well.

1 Like

Thanks Jackie and a big YES to a PNW board. We are under represented here.

1 Like

Thanks sck!

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Best places around the world for Honey

That picture reminds me that as a child, my nickname was Lambchop for a bit. And I wondered “what’s a Lambchop?”, and that picture is what I remember finding. Way before internet, so not sure how!

1 Like

I remember the show much more than any lamb on our home menu.
That’s a meat I never tasted till I was all grown up. Now I love it.

2 Likes

As a very young child, when I was watching Shari Lewis, my folks took me to a show with Danny Kaye on Broadway. Shari Lewis was in the audience sitting across from us and dad took me over to meet her. It was so great!

4 Likes

I’m happy the Lambchop moniker is bringing back memories for quite a few. He was a great puppet for a few decades.

5 Likes
  1. Tallinn
  2. The cuisine of Baltic States
  3. I cook more than my grandmother and sometimes even give her cooking tips (if that’s not a food-related achievement, I don’t know what is…)
  4. I love food, music and sports (basically everything)
7 Likes

Welcome Jeff! I am a relative new comer here myself just joining last month. It has been great since.

1 Like

Welcome, Jeff! Hope you enjoy HO!!! Thanks for the link to the food blog. Do you contribute to it?

Thanks! Yep, I’m working on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you tell us more about typical/traditional Estonian dishes? And Baltic cuisine in general. You could post photos or desbribe it on the dinner or lunch thread.

I have been to Tallinn (mostly for the craft beers). Unfortunately I went in the summer… insanely crowded.

Welcome to HO! All are exposed to a vast array of information and experiences of all who participate.
Myself, an native life long New Yorker, but love traveling our country and the world. Food is my somehow becomes front and center during all of my travels!

2 Likes

I spend time between Louisiana, U.S.A and Lagos, Nigeria.
Experimenting with seeds.
Once I went on a food trip of sorts with a few friends across some states in Nigeria and some countries in East Africa.
A foodie, part-time food writer, digital marketer at Timbu, I love traveling and conversations mostly about food

5 Likes

I spend my time between Louisiana, U.S.A, and Lagos, Nigeria.
Experimenting with seeds.
I traveled with a few friends on a food trip of sorts to some states in Nigeria and some east African countries.
Part time food writer, digital marketer at Timbu, love conversations, especially food related ones.

4 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful community!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like