Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Wait - you go all the way back to 1998? (I started on CH in 2001). And while I don’t use the Boston boards as much as @GretchenS or @tomatotomato I am in the Boston area as well. Welcome to HO!

8 Likes

Yay! Welcome PP @pistachiopeas!

8 Likes

Hi @MonicaMadeIt! Great to see you here!

4 Likes

@LindaWhit - my first post on CH was in 2007, but I lurked for YEARS before posting. I don’t remember the exact date that I joined.

6 Likes

We’ve got you now!
Welcome.
We have fun.

6 Likes

I was apparently on Chowhound since "the beginning ", and followed @LindaWhit here for her beloved Top Chef Recaps.

Who’s watching season 19???

8 Likes

I still miss @LindaWhit 's TC recaps. I’ve watched TC since Season 1, episode 1, but I haven’t tuned in to this season.

4 Likes

Yes.

I tried recccapping a few times, and yeah, no. Now I just post links to them.

2 Likes
  1. Rural NW Wisconsin
  2. Food safety/sanitation
  3. Lunch at Le Train Bleu in Paris
  4. Married, mother of 4, grandmother of 7, both of us retired from corporate America. Former restaurant owners for 17 happy and successful years.
17 Likes

Welcome!

Hi all, joining you from Chowhound, where I’ve been less active recently than I’d like because of busy times at work and with family. Appreciate the warm welcome from everyone over here!

I’m a sociologist living in Chicago who loves to eat out and cook. (Also love Top Chef, though I haven’t yet started watching this season…) nice to see old friends and I’m looking forward to meeting new ones.

21 Likes

Hello. Another refugee from Chowhound here!

I live in London and love to eat/cook/travel (posting this from Northern Tenerife!). The struggle to balance my passion and my waistline is real and constant. :joy:

23 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m here via Chowhound (Ferdinand) and am very pleased to see Hounds I recognize migrating to this site. @LulusMom1 @pistachiopeas @greedygirl @MelMM @sallyt @Saregama @MonicaMadeIt @mig and all others I haven’t run across yet.

22 Likes

Welcome everyone!

7 Likes

Man, will I be psyched if all this new blood means we can get a DOTM going over here. I don’t much care for Irish Soda Bread, and I don’t want it to be the last DOTM!

13 Likes

Chowhound is going under March 21 – https://www.chowhound.com/post/final-goodbye-chowhound-1098935

Hi everyone, I just joined HO from the ‘other’ site. I am still learning the quirks and features of this site, like how to get to the bottom of a seemingly endless thread without having to scroll and scroll and scroll. I look forward to keeping up with old friends and making new ones here.

Like Sasha, I am also very interested in sustainable and eco friendly practices. I use up every scrap that I can, leftovers are great, and yes, we compost.

I have lived on 3 continents and 2 hemispheres and have great food experiences in each, finding new ingredients and recipes and people who cook from the heart.

My family is mostly vegetarian, luckily no one is picky, and there are no bad vegetables, only bad recipes or careless cooks.

26 Likes

Hi all! How embarrassing…I’ve been a member since 2018, and have chimed in here and there, but have never formally introduced myself. The pandemic forced me to do something I knew I’d love but had been too busy/distracted/scared to do: cook more than once or twice a week…and by cook, I mean not just heating up hot bar selections from (name store here). Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you:)
I’m a theatre artist, I live in the PNW, but was raised in New Mexico. I cook for myself and my husband (the doggo gets a bite now and then). Excited to participate more!

15 Likes

If you look on the right side of the thread you’ll see a sliding bar with ## (post number of thread)/## (total number of posts in the thread). You can drag that to the last post.

7 Likes

Hi! I’m EllenCooks here and on Chowhound (since 2015 it says). I joined here during one of the earlier frustrations and am delighted that my account still works!

I’m the East Bay of the SF Bay Area. I cook for myself 3-4 nights a week, for my daughter and SIL one night a week and for my BF a few nights a week depending on his work schedule.

I garden mostly in the summer but a bit in the colder months and have “I"ve lost count” fruit trees in my suburban yard, including lots of citrus, apples, Indian blood peaches, fig, apricot, cherry… and love planning meals based on what’s ripe right now! My BF hunts/harvests deer, goose, duck and sometimes a trout (but he’s usually catch and release on those) so I’m learning to cook some wild game as well.

Tidbit: not food related but I play music: mandolin, fiddle, octave mandolin, piano, a bit of banjo, guitar. If I’m not thinking about food, I’m usually thinking about music.

17 Likes