Let's Flap Our Wings [NJ]

See it’s this kind of thinking that get’s you places in this world!!! (@seal yes I’ll try to get there early dear)

2 Likes

84 is just the appetizer :wink:

4 Likes

I assumed that was just JR’s portion. Was that not the case?

2 Likes

I think you need to find out for yourself Metsfan! Will we see you there?

unfortunately I won’t be back in Monmouth County until after 8 so I’ll miss out on the fun. Hoping to make a HO-down one day.

I’ll look forward to to hearing if this place is any good.

1 Like

I only had wings there once and they were tasty. I think this night will be fun and the wings should be good. If not we’re driving to Jacks lol

1 Like

I’d sneak out to jacks if you need someone to help creep out the Monmouth coeds

1 Like

I haven’t been in a while. Is it all a college crowd now?

That’s what I’ve been told. After I ended up at the downtown in red bank a cpl years ago I realized I’ve entered creepy guy zone when in the company of college coeds. Thus I try to keep it above 30 these days. Still may be a creeper however but at least I don’t feel like one

Not sure if this place has been mentioned before, but how about Quaker Steak and Lube in Edison? It’s basically a glorified Applebee’s with a mechanic shop theme. Actually, the food was better than Applebee’s. But anyway, they have a wing menu with about 20 choices for hot sauce and dry rubs, which increase in heat the higher up the chart you go. If you eat a full order of the hottest wings, you get on the wall of fame or something. I tried the third hottest one last month and didn’t have to touch my water. I’m curious if anyone has gone for the challenge?

Quaker steak has a place down in the Toms river area. My friend always wanted me to come down for all you can eat wings. I think it was Tuesday but don’t quote me. I just text him and he said he is not sure if they still do it. I never got around to it.

Tomorrow the wing extravaganza should be a good time and I’m hoping I can convince @seal that 80 something wings is just the right amount lol. If I can’t convince him then @NotJrvedivici will be the enforcer :wink: ten bucks to try 7 styles of wings seems like a decent deal to me. Even if we take some home, I love broiled wings the next day.

Ps my buddy did the 911 challenge one night at cluck u. There may have been some adult beverages involved that night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not really a very high benchmark. Anywho I’ve passed that place 1000x’s and I can’t get over the appeal of the place, I have -0- interest in eating in a garage or auto facility. I know, I know the Rain Forest Cafe isn’t really a rain forest and Outback isn’t really in Australia, I get it I just don’t like it. It seems to do business though so what do I know anyway!

Always thought outback was for people who loved Subarus. Learned something new today. Agree though garage seems like odd choice for theming. What’s next hospital themes?

1 Like

Hey Rookie feel free to join us for the wing challenge tomorrow. Just ask for Jr, have a crisp $20 ready and I’ll show you the secret HO handshake.

Seriously feel free to come by it’s an open invite.

1 Like

I actually hate Applebee’s. The bottom of the barrel as far as chains are concerned.

As for Quaker, yes the theme is a bit odd. I suppose car/Nascar fanatics would love it.

The original Quaker Steak and Lube was a converted gas station, hence the theme

I found Quaker’s wings pretty identical to buffalo wild wings.

Ugggghhhh I HATE buffalo wild wings.

1 Like

BWW IMHO represents the worst in commercial franchised food…uhhhg

The Wifeacita and I got a BBW gift card and even though free they were terrible.