Let's Flap Our Wings [NJ]

BWW IMHO represents the worst in commercial franchised food…uhhhg

The Wifeacita and I got a BBW gift card and even though free they were terrible.

Agreed. Neither being much to write home about.

So a few of us just got back from rory’s pub in sea bright. We tried 4 different style wings. I’ll let Jr take the first shot at this. I think he is going to make a new thread, so stand by wing fans.

1 Like

Your wish is my command Master!

@seal ok since we did our Chicken Kitchen Wing test, I think we should try another. In our efforts to be more inclusive I say we invite @corvette_johnny to join us. (Oh by the way CJ, it’s kind of customary that the new guy picks up the check his first time joining in. After your inauguration into the group we split everything, it’s a tradition)

So here we go…what do you think Seal? Want to give it a try and bring CJ into our wing tasting group!!!

CaseyNeistat: I ate $1000 GOLD CHICKEN WINGS!

Now you know what really pisses me off? Obviously this is staged / planned in advance. The owner serves them, knowing a guest is going to be joining him. He removes his pate, so he has to place his bones on the common service pate. Yeah, this guy owns a restaurant that serves $ 1,000. wings. WTF?

2 Likes

Does anybody know where you can get kosher wings?

Too funny!

You know I am always up for some wings but …

I think, all things considered, I’d rather go to Jack’s ( even if you do manage to convince @corvette_johnny to pick up the tab )

1 Like

We will have to order the 10 karat version…I’m broke lol

What about health issues? I realize it isn’t much gold but just wondering.

1 Like

When? Let’s go!

2 Likes

I’m down for a Jacks wing night too

1 Like

I’m good with either tomorrow or Saturday with a strong lean towards lunch on Saturday.

@BossaNova @corvette_johnny @NotJrvedivici et al?

Tomorrow night we already have a commitment and Saturday we will be in LBI, sorry.

Friday night I’m committed elsewhere but I could do Saturday lunch. I’m also happy to wait till JR is free if he wants to join.

I vote we wait for Jr. Tomorrow night isn’t good for me either. Let me see about Saturday and get back asap. I’m also looking to try Bombay river if anyone is in the mood for indian, or aarzu.

1 Like

Do they have Thai wings?

Jeez vk, you’re new avatar looks like Gary carter’s catchers mitt…and it’s hilarious too :smile:

What place are you talking about for thai wings? I know Siam garden has wings but I haven’t had them in years.

1 Like

So I got these at Pok Pok in Brooklyn, and I just thought they were Thai…

But it turns out they are Vietnamese:

Ike’s Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings (Available spicy)
Natural Draper Valley chicken wings marinated in fish sauce and sugar, deep fried, tossed in caramelized Phu Quoc fish sauce and garlic and served with Vietnamese table salad. Based on Pok Pok PDX cook Ike’s recipe from his home in Vietnam.

Get the spicy. So deelishus!

I had some happy hour wings at Jack’s today. I’ve been going there for almost 20 years and I only today realized you can get the garlic wings in varying levels of spice.

And for the first time ever, they were… lacking. They shrank a tad. They used to be the big giant juicy ass wings, but the ones today were smaller and a bit dry. I hope it was just a fluke.

I think I mentioned it upthread but I highly recommend the grilled wings at Boathouse in Belmar.

1 Like

Yes. Deelishus.