Las Vegas for Vegetarians and Vegans?

We don’t get to Vegas as often as we’d like (it’s been, um, at least nine years since we passed through!), but have been talking about a weekend getaway.

The last time we stayed in Vegas we had some trouble finding vegetarian and vegan options - I’m sure they were there, but were difficult to suss out.

A lot has changed in the intervening years, I’m certain.

From high-end tasting menus to tiny places far off the Strip, what are the options - and what’s good?

1 Like

@ElsieDee you’re in luck, there’s lots of vegetarian and vegan options in Las Vegas.

As for high-end tasting menus, I recommend anything at the Wynn, Steve Wynn himself is a self-professed vegan (or at least he used to be) and every Wynn restaurant offers a vegan and vegetarian menu.

As for tiny places off the Strip, there are many, but may I ask how far you are willing to travel? Any cuisine you favor or try to avoid? A long time local favorite is Veggie House on Spring Mtn. Rd, it is vegetarian/Chinese food. I’ve never eaten there but my vegan friends love it.
Chef Kenny, formerly of Veggie House, has opened up a new restaurant, Chef Kennys Asian Vegan Restaurant, and it has rave reviews on Yelp.

If Chinese vegetarian food isn’t your thing, there are many more places, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s also many great restaurants that have separate vegetarian menus too.

Have fun!

1 Like