[Kuala Lumpur] Best Punjabi cuisine at Tasty Chapathi, Ipoh Road.

Tasty Chapathi is owned by Jagdeesh Singh , a prominent businessman within KL’s Sikh community (both his father, Jaswant Singh, and grandfather, Giani Bachan Singh, were “granthis”, i.e. readers of the Sikh Holy Book in the gurdwaras), serves some of the best Punjabi cuisine in KL.

Our lunch consisted of:

1. Paneer Pasanda - Tasty Chapathi’s house specialty of paneer slices interspersed with a filling of green chutney, crushed nuts & mashed paneer. Served smothered in a rich, spicy gravy.

1. Sarson ka saag, a traditional Punjabi side dish of pureed mustard leaves in spices, topped with ghee.

2. Chapathi - some of the softest chapathis in KL: light, spongey, perfect to mop up the curry gravies, or to wrap around grilled meats.

3. Mutton biryani - the rendition here was expertly spiced, the basmati rice was dotted with melt-in-the-mouth mutton chunks, and topped with a hard-boiled egg.

4. Selection of Punjabi sweets at the counter - guaranteed to induce insulin shock.

Address
Tasty Chapathi, Viva Residency
Suppiah Pillay Road, Off Jalan Ipoh
51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel:+603-4043 2636
Open: 12 noon - 12 midnight daily

5 Likes

Looks like a good array of sweets, as well as a particularly delicious looking biryani.

Since I was diagnosed with diabetes, my partner has banned me from visiting the sweet shops on Manchester’s “Curry Mile”.

1 Like

I can totally understand that! Punjabi sweets are just that - super-laden with sugar & syrup.