Korean Superette [Berkeley, Solano Ave]

The old Rivoli space is now occupied by Korean Superette. It’s a market plus a restaurant - shelves and deli refrigerators line the perimeter of the indoor dining area. There is also outdoor dining in the back.

I arrived shortly after they opened at 11 AM, and got their vegan kimchi (they also have a vegan bok choy kimchi) and the topokki. Both solid options, and I happily ate them for lunch today.

They carry some basic dried goods. One wall had shelves of dried ramen, and there were also drinks and various banchan in the refrigerators. There was another refrigerator in the hallway on the way to the dining room that I didn’t get a good look at since it was cramped in that area - I felt like I was getting in the way of the kitchen staff and people headed to the dining room. I’ll go again for lunch when I have more time.

Has anyone eaten there yet? How is it?

9 Likes

Thanks for posting about this. I definitely need to go there soon!

1 Like

dying to try it too…

Excited to go try it out. They inherited a wonderful space and looking at photos, I’m glad they didn’t try to change much.

Though I will forever miss Rivoli. So many wonderful meals and birthdays there.

The East Bay Express did a write up on Korean Superette.

1 Like

Also Eater https://sf.eater.com/2022/5/10/23065529/berkeley-korean-superette-food-grocery-store

2 Likes

Hosanna Oriental Food on San Pablo Ave (nearest cross street Central) has a great selection of Korean groceries. The article didn’t list it as a place for Korean foods, but this is where I buy some staples when I can’t make it to the Oakland market.