June 2022 Cookbook of the Month Nominations

ooh that reminds me of ENDLESS SUMMER by Katie Lee

I am really cracking up over the “this is a complete sentence” (I get why, but it’s just funny)

2 Likes

BOTTOM OF THE POT is my nomination.

I know, it’s like me with my students: “Please respond in a complete sentence, with a subject, verb, and proper punctuation.” :rofl:

A bit less than 48 hours remaining to get those nominations in!

OK, I know this is really late, but I’m putting it here mostly so I’ll remember to renominate it next month:

THE COMPLETE BOOK OF GREEK COOKING by The Recipe Club of Saint Paul’s Greek Orthodox Cathedral

2 Likes

Oooh, I’m interested in doing this at some point. I love when an older cookbook is COTM.

1 Like

Originally published in 1990. I bought my copy (says Amazon) in 2008. I bought specifically because it was the only Greek book I could find with a recipe for grape leaves stuffed with a beef filling, which I had had at a local restaurant and wanted to duplicate at home. It took me until last night to make the recipe, and I had to veganize it (easy with Impossible). But damn, they were good! There is another recipe for stuffed vegetables (peppers, tomatoes) I’ve made, which was also good, but that’s about it. I’m actually making another one tonight. I just feel like it’s a book worth diving into.

1 Like

Nominations are now closed. After I create the voting thread, I will link to it here.

1 Like

Please find the voting thread here:

1 Like

Just read Rick Rodgers’ latest email where he mentions some of the celebrities he has assisted in writing cookbooks. He mentions a favorite is Frankie Avalon’s book because it has good recipes. Has anyone here cooked any recipes from this book?

No on the Frankie A book, but I do have a few cookbooks by Rick Rodgers, like them, and think he is under-rated in the genre.

1 Like

I know nominations are over, so I’m just sharing this here for lack of another place. I’d be very interested in exploring the new book, Gullah Geechee Home Cooking.

1 Like

Great suggestion! Let’s remember to nominate it for next month. It’s really new though, so it might take a while to trickle in to libraries and get the momentum to be COTM. I always like to go back through the previous nomination thread when the new one comes around, to see what books were nominated that I want to keep pushing.

2 Likes

I agree that the new Gullah book is very interesting, and also very new. I’m very interested in that culture. I, too, always go back to the previous nomination thread to remember some favorites to nominate again. When I’m especially efficient (not often!) I actually keep my own handwritten list.

2 Likes

thanks, Caitlin, for taking on this task. Much Appreciated!

Please see the June COTM announcement thread here:

Find this month’s reporting thread here:

Believe it or not, it’s time for July COTM nominations!

And now it’s time for July COTM voting: