Interested in ramping the Philadelphia board up?

Sound thinking. Chowhound’s Phila and Mid-atlantic boards are still dead. Let’s keep things going here.

If only we could get some of the CHs over here - not that Phila was ever crazy busy, but… the more, the merrier :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure it matters. Chowhound never had a thriving Pennsylvania board. When I came to Lancaster, I was stunned to see that its vibrant ethnic, fine dining, and artisan food scenes were absolutely unmentioned. Yelp buzzes with comments about the food here and that’s about it. The trick seems to be getting people from anywhere in Pennsylvania to comment at all.

1 Like

The board is what you make it. Post about your discoveries!

1 Like

Even better, no need to be burdened by history…

I know some don’t like Yelp as a platform, but after sorting through the noises there are some gems to be had on Yelp. Are there anyone you follow at Yelp that you think its worthy to invite here?

And why do you think CH never caught on in Philly?

Great question. It sort of caught-on yrs ago, but IIRC some move by management annoyed folks who then left for greener pastures. CH in Philly wasn’t ever this dead though.

This trend is going to be the most popular Philadelphia trend.

1 Like

What trend?

This very one. :smiley:

It has 17 replies. It is ranked number 4.

It’d be nice if there were more substantial discussions on the Philly board.

I kinda tried with the top 3 list for various categories, but that didn’t go very far. Bummer.

Yeah, I saw that, and almost joined in, but I don’t know enough places to contribute the list.

Aw, really? Sounded to me like you’re a regular visitor, and at least have some insight into a few Chinatown places.

That said, if the only active folks are the same 2-3 peeps, well… that won’t get us anywhere.

We could always start a best cheesesteak thread…

1 Like

Go right ahead!

Sure. I like cheesesteak although I really not an expert in cheesesteak. Still, I will join.

And here it is: The Philly Cheesesteak: What is it and where's the best?

I’m interested!

What did management do? Moderation issues? Any idea where they went?

It was mod issues IIRC. Some went to eGullet. The rest…who knows?

Hmph. I just took a look and the last post was from October. So its also quiet. If the very few people who still visit there are interested we can always try to gather them here and attempt to ‘restart’.