Hungry Onion Q&A with a chef/ critic/ food industry insiders, etc.

My sister suggested a fun idea that I thought it’d be great to try, especially since we are new.

The idea is:

• we come up with a list of chefs/ critic/ food industry insiders we want to ‘interview’
  • we then send a request to their PR folks to see if they are interested.
  • If anyone says yes, we then come up with a list of questions and send the top ones by vote over to have them answered.

Interested? Nominate them in this thread.

Rules (Added Oct 2016):
Each nomination must come with

1. a way to contact the person- email, PR agency, FB page, Twitter page
  2. five questions you want to ask that person.
  3. one nomination per reply please so people can vote on the top ones they are interested in
  4. please indicate person’s expertise or region of influence: e.g. French cuisine, San Francisco Bay Area, cake baking, etc.
3 Likes

Ruhlman and Pepin. I

Michael Pollan

3 Likes

Lee Ann Wong. I have so many stupid, geeky Top Chef questions from her years behind the scenes, as well as practical questions on her job as Executive Chef of Event Operations at The French Culinary Institute.

Mario Batali

Andres Viestad and Tina Nordstrom .

1 Like

Fun!

I’ll have to put my thinking cap on.

Giada De Laurentis, but to be perfectly honest if we do get in touch with her I dont’ really want to talk recipes, if you know what I mean!! :heart_eyes:

They did this in the early years on eG. That was before I joined but it was fun going back and reading through some of them. And it got eG noticed.

Fergus Henderson

Could we do a séance & talk to Julia?

2 Likes

Pailin Chongchitnant - Star of Hot Thai Kitchen blog & YouTube channel.

Ching He Huang
Marcela Valladolid
Kelsey Nixon
Alton Freaking Brown
Will Studd
Adrian Richardson

I have a list of questions for all of those. Note that following NotJD’s lead, some might be more prurient than others.

Armandino would be more interesting, I think.

CH did this for a while as a promo thing for chefs with books coming out. It was fun! The chefs actually came on the site for a day and answered all the questions people had posted.

1 Like