Houston - time for Christmas Tamal-run!

Howdy y’all. It’s that time of year. I need to make a tamal-run into Alamo. I can’t show up for Christmas without the porky goodness of Alamo tamales. It’d be like Santa showing up without toys in his bag.

Anyone interested in coordinating & meeting me there?

1 Like

I’d go with just to see it and enjoy the company! It may be unTexan to say it out loud, but I’m not a fan of tamales, still the annual pilgrimage is interesting!

Ok. @NotDoobieWah? Can we pick a day? Maybe next week?

The Wifeacita is a connoisseur of tamales and she put a stamp of approval on a recent batch a coworker’s mother made and we have a Christmas order in, plus days off are at a premium during the holidays.

Try the rajas wrapped in a fresh, flavorful, flour tortilla with a little salsa.

2 Likes

I can get behind rajas!

2 Likes

Mom said she already has our Xmas tamales. Please make your plans and let me know when you’re going and I’ll try to show up and eat a few of yours! :wink:

1 Like

If they have rajas I buy them out and finito!

2 Likes

I can testify that this is a fact.

1 Like

Ok y’all. I’m coming in tomorrow afternoon. Anyone that would like to join me, send me a pm & we’ll coordinate times. ¡Feliz Navidad!

Do you mean Tuesday? I forgot what day it is and I’m off. I could be at BBQ Inn 11-1 ish. I’ve got an order in at work but one can never have enough tamales.

Yes, tomorrow, Tuesday. Alas, I have a doctor’s apmt at 11:15, so figure I can’t get to Alamo until about 1 or so. Too late for you?

No, footloose and fancy free. Do you want to meet at BBQ Inn? I could go for some oysters or CFS. We can refight WWII. My money is on the Nazis losing and I know yours is as well.

If I don’t hear from you I’ll be at BBQ Inn around one. I’ll be at the “bar”. We can car pool.

1 Like

I need to get to Alamo 1st & get my 10doz. Remember, I need to load up my buckboard & head for the frontier before about 3:00, when all the other frontier buckaroos head west on the Katy trail.

Ack! Believe it or not, I have to be in Katy this afternoon!

I’ll wave as I pass you on I-10, Jaymes.

And Senor Oysters. since I’m already west of the Beltway, I’ll shoot up a flare.

Y’all enjoy BBQ Inn. Rita retired years ago but ask for Mother Theresa. She’s sweet.

2 Likes

Well, I’m here at Bbq Inn. Hoping y’all come walking in the door!

I was planning to try and join you if my appointment was timely finished, and it wasn’t finished till 1 o’clock,so sorry I missed, if in fact you guys met up.

I’m certain if I ever venture west of the Beltway my car will explode in flames reaching the troposphere dwarfing your piddling flare. It will be on all the national telecasts.

I got to the bar area about 1:10, ate a little food and left just before 2. I guess we’re two ships passing in the dark.

Sorry to have missed you but boy was that food great. Next time!

1 Like