Hooters

If having big boobs is a handicap, I would like to volunteer and donate my time to help those with this horrible infliction. Working towards a non-cure. :grinning:

No disparagement meant to the servers I’m sure they work hard. But the theme is tits, not food. A little like Chuck E Cheese’s theme isn’t pizza. Or the bikini espresso stands’ theme…

Well that is kind of the point of this thread, I like you, seriously figured this was the Chuck-E-Cheese of wing places. This is exactly why I have avoided them for 20+ years, the only reason I even stopped was I thought if nothing else it would be a cool father-17 year old son bonding lunch on the way back from previewing colleges.

Now having gone, I can say I was completely wrong, it is a good place to go for wings. (really all I can comment on). It is Chuck-E-Cheese with a seriously good thin crust coal fired oven pizza. No, they aren’t my favorite but if given the choice I would pick them (for wings) above many other chain restaurants out there. I also would have no problem recommending them to someone who was looking for “good-wings”. So while I originally did agree with your perception that (chest) were the main attraction, I for one would go back for the wings first, and the boobs second. (Ok to be truthful I’m probably more a butt guy than a boobs guy, so I would go back 2nd for the shorts, 3rd for the boobs. I don’t like to lie)

1 Like

Hi, NJr:

That’s great if Hooters has upped their food game. Are their prices now in line with non-titty-themed wing joints? If so, it may be that time has shifted (jiggled?) Hooters away from food quality being incidental to their operation.

Since we’re talking about wings… It’s not saying much to praise one resto as having better wings than other chains. IMO, most aren’t very good, and superlative wings are very hard to find. As with pizza and cheesesteaks and a few other things, I sometimes get sucked into equating ‘good’ with ‘not that bad’ wings because of this sea of mediocrity. The highest common denominator is still pretty low, if you catch my drift.

But what you’re telling me is that I must try Hooters’ wings again, right? I’ll break the news to Wahine gently, and suffer for the cause of HO…

Aloha,
Kaleo

Well I don’t want to come off giving Hooters a raving review for food, my experience is really wings only. BUT their chili was also very good and my son enjoyed his sliders. I’m not a wing expert, but in the past year or so my son has become addicted to them so I’ve had more wings in the past year, than in the 20 years prior. Out of all the wings I’ve tried, there is a local place Jack’s that has hands down the best wings. My next favorite wings are Houliahns (Local Chain, I don’t know where you are from) then I would say Hooters is 3rd.

I put Hooters above TGIF, Chili’s, Ruby Tuesday and other local places I have tried. I definitely have no problem recommending them, as far as price I really didn’t pay attention. We had 20 wings, cup/bowl of chili and sliders, two soft drinks and the check was $40?

One caveat is the wings we had and that I like are breaded, I do believe you can get naked wings (non-breaded) as well. But they were very large and very meaty wings.

30 posts were split to a new topic: What’s the right balance between welcoming environment and salty language?

I was going to ask if you got the breaded or not. I prefer the breaded also, but the undressed ones arent bad either when they sauce them and put them on the grill for a bit.

If you go again, try the buffalo shrimp. Very Good.

I remember when the first Hooters opened in Clearwater. My parents still love their wings and the Mom’s fav is the buffalo chicken salad. They used to serve a steam pot …a tin pot with steamed clams, shrimp and snowcrabs…unfortunately they dont any longer. But, they do have a dozen oysters every day for $12. Cant beat the price and the oysters are local bay or appalachicola, here.

1 Like

Interesting, which just goes to further my point that the place is more than just a t&a (hope that’s acceptable) joint.

1 Like

Hooters started in my home town. Yes they use to be provocative and racy in the day but I recently read a local article that Hooters has become a more family oriented restaurant. Family’s with kids are not uncommon dinning at Hooters.

Compared to the outfits at say The Tilted Kilt, Hooters does seem kinda wholesome. The girls wear tights, shorts and tee shirts so you don’t see much skin.

Temporarily locked. I will deal with this thread in a few hours.

3 Likes

Discussions on the right balance of moderation for this thread and for the site in general are moved to a linked topic in Site Discussions.

For this thread, it’ll now reopen. Please keep the discussion strictly focused on the food and the establishment.

1 Like

29 posts were split to a new topic: Striking the right balance between having a welcoming environment and salty language

^This

When I was taking hospitality classes at Univ of New Orleans, one fellow student was a Hooters girl. She was smart and working on her degree so she could become a manager of that restaurant.

3 Likes

Do people need a hospitality degree to be a manager?

No, but it couldn’t hurt

1 Like

That guess is wrong in my case. I quite like Giada and have no problem with her clothing choices.

1 Like

I really don’t know who she is, but I can promise you after reading this I will know who she is by tomorrow! :grinning:

She has delicious recipes that are easy to make if you like Italian food.

1 Like