Heirloom Kitchen...Old Bridge

So…we left NNJ for Monmouth County two months ago and have been enjoying every minute of discovering new spots, from off the radar spots such as Johnny Piancone’s to critical darlings such as The Grand Tavern. We have, however, missed some of our previous go-to spots, particularly young home grown chef driven passion projects that source the finest the Garden State has to offer and literally create art on a plate. We said good bye to Anthony Bucco, Ryan DePersio, and the next great Jersey chef Robby Felipe and rather than take our chances at The Outback on Rt. 35, we wandered west to Old Bridge and landed in our new bliss, The Heirloom Kitchen. Anthony Ciano, soon to be of Top Chef fame and his crew provided us with an experience non pareil. The service was so good, so eager, helpful and unobstrusive at the same time they could have served us Alpo and it would have been a delight. However, they doubled down and we were treated to the best meal I’ve had in 2018, by leaps and bounds. I could go on about the duck, the octopus, the amuse, the charred wedge salad, but I wouldn’t do it justice. If I knew how to post a Yelp review I’d give it like 50 stars.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Heirloom Kitchen, Old Bridge