Has anyone tried Heinz mayo?

If so, how is it?

Heinz making mayo, Hellman’s making catsup…the worlds gone mad!

Haven’t tried the Heinz mayo but my local grocery store was giving away bottles of Hellman’s catsup a few months back, seems a bit too sweet to me but will probably work well as a base for barbecue sauce. May grab some of the Heinz mayo soon just to see how it compares.

1 Like

I saw a huge display of the new hellman’s ketchup and the labels proudly proclaimed they were sweetened with honey. It was on crazy cheap sale but i walked by, I’m open minded but picky about my condiments. Heinz original (not organic) is my most favorite for ketchup although I don’t hate Hunt’s.

Yes, it was mine too but I started noticing that it does not taste the same anymore. Someone suggested I try Simply Heinz , while it is better, the best is the “new” vintage Heinz. Comes in the original style bottle and it is delicious. But not cheap.

1 Like

I’ve tried the Mayo. It was nothing mind blowing but I’d buy it again.

1 Like

OK- I’ve changed my mind. I tried it again, since this post and think it has a richer taste than Hellman’s. So, I would say that it is a better option than what I have available in my market.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen those vintage heinz bottles here but i have seen the simply heinz, i’ll try that when my current bottle runs out.
Not sure i noticed a diffuin taste but then again i seem to go through ketchup phases where i use it almost daily and then go weeks not using it

If I have tater tots or fries is when I noticed the ketchup was off. On a burger it didn’t seem to matter. I love ketchup and have been known to sneak my steak into it if I have fries on the plate!

1 Like

Oh, all potato situations need ketchup!! I can’t deal with turning on my oven til maybe september so I don’t seem to be having them much at home. I was very into baked sweet potatoes for a while in the winter, and I actually love those with ketchup too :))

1 Like

I finally tried it. I find it to be richer, tangier and creamier. It mixed easily with ketchup for Russian dressing.

1 Like