Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to All!

We attended an awesome dinner party with some wonderful friends and made a few new ones.

The host and hostess did a fabulous job with an amazing array of apps and very tasty entrees.

9 Likes

The night began inauspiciously. We intended to go to a party at the Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space and have dinner beforehand at a nearby restaurant on Ave C. We ventured out in the crazy wind and rain, but when we got to the restaurant, it was closed because they’d just had a fire. And the Museum looked pretty deserted (it was early). So we went with our backup plan, the Summit Bar, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Dollar oysters from PEI, interesting cocktail list, good shrimp tacos. The staff was definitely in the holiday spirit - I lost track of how many shots and wine refills I was comped. If this is the way the year’s gonna go, I can live with that.

5 Likes

Sounds like some really good eats!

We were at home, just the two of us, having what has become a New Year’s Eve tradition, a beef fondue. This post on my blog has details and photos.

Happy New Year to all!

My Blog
My Flickr

1 Like

A very happy and healthy new years wish to all of my Ho’s!!

4 Likes

I always forget that this place (Piccola Italia) exists. It’s been years since we’ve dined there but I recall really enjoying our meals there. Has Brian always been the chef?

1 Like

Brian is the chef/owner. I think he always has been. His wife is GM.

1 Like