Happy Canada Day!!

Wishing my fellow Canucks a Happy Birthday. I know there are a few of us here.

Like the 4th of July, something on the BBQ is usually what the menu is.

Unfortunately, we woke up to rain this morning so the BBQing sounds less than appealing.

I’d normally celebrate with a Caesar cocktail but I’m the lucky gaffer on call for the hospital so that’s a no go.

11 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

One very regional delicacy is a persian from Thunder Bay. Good friends from there bring these back. Sorta a fluffy cinnamon roll with strawberry frosting.

The story behind Thunder Bay’s curiously named, mysteriously frosted, legendarily hankered-for treat — the Persian | TVO.org

Happy Canada Day!

4 Likes

PS, you never know…

2022_01_02_19_00_IMG_3925

3 Likes

Happy Canada Day everyone !

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I’ve been wanting to try a Persian in Thunder Bay forever.

https://www.tvo.org/article/the-story-behind-thunder-bays-curiously-named-mysteriously-frosted-legendarily-hankered-for-treat

Pickerel , candied salmon and potato salad for Canada Day. Lemon Crumble Pie from Farm Boy.

4 Likes

They are great and the product lasts pretty well too. Since you’re in Canada I think, have some shipped. You can also freeze some and split them and griddle em in butter and then put on frosting and basically have some fun with them.

I go up there to fish with my friends so we always take many with us to the cabin. The other local delicacy is called a Sally Ann, but it’s not as good…

we don’t sleep on the walleye either - the ontario surf and turf up there is walleye and moose sausage…

2 Likes

Oh cool. I know the Finnish pancakes are also a big deal in Thunder Bay.

If you really want to kick it up a notch there’s a few Chinese food and curling restaurant rink clubs on the way west. :canada:

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

All these wishes and the continued presence of this thread on the HO front page really make me hungry for butter tarts.

2 Likes

Make some! :slight_smile:

1 Like