Graziella's North Italian Kitchen and Bar - Mt. Kisco, NY

We had dinner at Graziella’s last night, and, I have to say, everything about it was a pleasant surprise. I bit of history on this place - years ago it was John’s Best (not so much), and another Italian, Bistro something. Then, several years ago it became Westchester Burger Company and seemed to be doing well. Along came 5 Guys and I guess things were no longer so great, so WBC became Graziella’s North. The original Graziella’s is in White Plains. Our first surprise was how pretty the place is inside. I’ve been to WBC in White Plains and it is so dark. But they put white tablecloths over the dark tables and the decor is light, except for the bar. The tables are large and very well spaced.

Our meal started with an over anxious but very good server who took our drink orders. DH’s margarita had too little tequila, so he asked to buy another shot and the waiter told us not to worry about it, he would just get it. The menu is very typical red sauce Italian and has something for everyone, including pizza. After we ordered we were served bread. It was fantastic - served warm with a crispy crust and soft middle - I could have eaten that all night and forgotten to order! For dinner, we opted for calamari and veal valdonstana, one of my favorite veal dishes with prosciutto and fontina cheese. This version also had spinach and was served with crispy roasted potatoes. You could smell how fresh the calamari were as they were brought to the table, and the portion was quite large. The sauce on the side was a bit spicy for me, but DH loved it. The veal was excellent - tender and served in a lovely demi glace.

The owner was a constant presence in the dining room and made it a point to visit every table. He was charming and the perfect Italian restaurant host. I was wondering about WBC, whether it was a chain or franchise and found out from him the he owns them all and there are only two left.

In short, I loved this place. We will be back. It is a very welcome addition to the Northern Westchester dining scene!

Edited to say… I forgot. I loved the music they played. Frank Sinatra with some Dean Martin thrown in. It is one of the few places around where the music selected went with the theme of the restaurant. And it was not too loud. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes