Galatoire's NOLA

Just playin some of the hits at Galatoire’s recently. Sazerac missed its photo.

6 Likes

Bonus shot of Commander’s turtle soup and bananas foster

And here’s a stray soft shell crab

5 Likes

Like the pommes souffle with Sazerac a lot. Our order adds fried eggplant so there’s plenty of time to decide how the crab appears.

Nice move !

I get the sweetbreads as an app too for the same reason. Keep the wolf from the door !

1 Like

Now you’ve reminded us to ask: Does Commander’s still serve 25 cent martinis at lunch?

Yes limit 3!

Frankly all these spots are a bargain at full price compared to my big city. And better !

Three would be a test we’re not taking. And, in our case, going for extra credit would land us in detention hall.

2 Likes

As the saying goes, one martini is too many, two is not enough, and three is too many! Truth. :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:
BUT for .25 I could probably put away 4. Maybe. :scream_cat:

1 Like

Sigh!
And Sazeracs often disappear before the camera comes out

2 Likes

I got you tanner

I’m a bit hazy but pretty sure this was late at night at the Carousel Bar.

3 Likes

One more tidbit that could be useful…if you’re like me you enjoy going to Antoine’s too, along with some of the other classic spots and the thing to get there is Oysters Foch, ie fried oysters, toasted baguette croustades, pate de foie gras, hearty Colbert sauce…a tip is go the Hermes Bar there if you’re feeling peckish and they will make you an Oyster’s Foch po boy…it’s unique and special

If anyone’s gonna be there for Jazzfest this weekend or next, check out the crawfish streudel and white chocolate bread pudding stand (the two best things under one roof)

Finally for the best late night jazz and also burger in town, Snug Harbor on Frenchmen St.

iko iko

5 Likes

Hey now!

1 Like

OMG!! I cannot forget this for my next N.O. visit.

1 Like

It does look pretty damn fabulous! So does the crawfish strudel - yum. Hungry now.

1 Like

The regular plate of that is awesome too; you can get it side by side with the Rockefellers and one of the largest fried soft shell crabs you may ever see (almondine or not).

photos not mine!

3 Likes

the food at the Fairgrounds is extremely on point…the cochon de lait po boy is also a must get for me.

4 Likes

Oh my! Love New Orleans and it’s food, need to go back. I had a great oyster po boy at the Parkway Bakery a few years ago, but the pate and Colbert sauce would definitely take it to new heights. I did have to look up Colbert sauce though!

1 Like

For a city that is known for its seafood and waterfowl (don’t sleep on the duck, quail, pheasant, etc while you’re there - Louisiana is flyover country), Antoine’s really shines with their steak and meats and related sauces (like the marchand de vin sauce). Some of those recipes there are now almost 200 years old!

1 Like

Good reminder that, and I also plan to hit up Antoine’s when there next time. Thanks!

1 Like

good move. one tip for Antoines is to ask them to make you a baked alaska when you make your reservation. they don’t always have it, but if you specify that in advance they will make it with the ice cream flavor of your choice, (for us chocolate).

never skip dessert!

1 Like