Foggy Bottom (washington DC) with family

Hi
looking for recommendations for dinner spots in the Foggy Bottom/Georgetown neighborhoods. Looking for pretty main stream offerings-Italian, French,American but sushi would work for a couple of dinners with my family in January. Mid range in price with reasonable wine selection but not too loud ( Mom is older) and not too hard to access.
thanks in advance
Adi

I don’t live in DC, but spent a week in that area last year. We had one dinner with relatives who are, shall we say, non-adventurous eaters. We ended up at Circa at Foggy Bottom and it served us well. The burger people had something; the pasta people had something, and the flatbreads with a salad were great for the vegetarian. I don’t recall having any difficulty talking amongst the group.

I suspect that there are more special places in the area, but some place with safe menu choices and variety is the best way to make everyone happy.

Hi
A bit delayed but i wanted to share what we ended up doing. Friday night we had dinner at Founding Farmers it was loud and crowded but the food and drinks were very good and the service was very professional. I was pleasantly surprised! Saturday Brunch was at the Blue Duck tavern. It was good not great but the bloody mary was tasty. Saturday night dinner at I Ricchi was tasty- a nice environment, nice service but nothing amazing.
Adi

2 Likes

Good on you. Haven’t thought about I Ricchi in so long – back when a friend’s office was upstairs and it served as the executive “lunchroom” when it was too early to head across the street to the Palm bar.