Favorite Portlandia food moments

The show had dozens durings its run. What are your favorites?

Rooster

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is exactly the scene I was thinking when I saw this post. LOL Portlandia!

1 Like

lol, tears
My all time favorite, I think I may have posted it to the original silliness thread a while back

1 Like

Makes me want to scream!

I used to work in natural food stores. The joke was a month of employment and you’d have cocktail party stories for life. It’s true. People can be really hyper focused on minutia.

4 Likes

Starting about 30 seconds in, I laughed so long my face got sore… (“It’s just all across the board organic…” vying with “I don’t know that I can speak to that level of, uh, intimate knowledge about [Colin the chicken’s social life]?” for top honors). But I’m not sure the (seemingly unselfconsciously - or maybe not?) ironic interview in Bon Appetit wasn’t even funnier :wink: :

C.B. : Second, this guy was at Whole Foods, and we have New Seasons, which is a big and great local grocery store. That was what pissed me off the most. If you’re going to be bitching about local than you gotta be shopping at New Seasons. That kind of hyper-criticism, picking and choosing what the meaning of local is, was unbelievable to me–I was just jotting it down, I wanted to take a picture of him. You just want to issue a citizen’s arrest for that kind of annoying behavior.

B.A. : You would think you’d actually be able to do that in Portland by now.

:joy:

3 Likes

“We can pickle that!” Which, of course, made me want to pickle things.