Favorite breakfast as a kid

Piggybacking off of favorite dinners: What was your favorite dinner when you were a kid?

I remember French toast. Cinnamon toast slathered in butter. Pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Apple juice. Mom would wake us up with “OJ to raise your blood sugar!”

Every weekend we had waffles and sausage.

1 Like

Chocolate chip pancakes at Perkins Pancake House. With syrup. The thought of eating that now sends me into sugar shock. I can’t believe I survived to adulthood.

2 Likes

One of the first things I cooked as a kid were silver dollar size pancakes.

3 Likes

My brothers went through boxes of cold cereal weekly but my favorite breakfast was always warm/hot.

Hot cereal, all kinds.
Pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, even toast with cream cheese and jelly…I warmed the jelly waiting for the toast.

My favorite breakfast always included hot coffee too even at a very young age.

Soft boiled egg with toast soldiers.

Bread slathered with butter and cinnamon sugar and run under the broiler - cinnamon toast. I make it every once in a while, and it’s great!

Me too! Our toast was always buttered rye. I loved when my mother would make that.

I also liked when my dad made thin milky farina porridge, served on a plate with sugar sprinkled on top. My brothers ate theirs with bitter cocoa and sugar, but I liked mine plain.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be interested now but loved toasted corn cakes and sue bee honey butter when young.