Fav BB muffins

Doris Greenspan’s recipe. I’ve made dozens of B.B. muffin recipes until I met this one! Orange rind, no spices, some honey and sugar and I use yogurt instead of buttermilk and I double the amount of berries. Excellent. And I love the parchment muffin papers - no muffin sticks to the paper!!

4 Likes

Do you get grease puddles on the bottoms?

No grease puddles. When I remove them from the muffin tins there’s a bit of condensation but no grease.

Argh! I don’t know what I do wrong with her recipe. I always get puddles. Maybe I’m so afraid of overmixing that I end up undermixing.

Although I use dg’s Recipe for ingredients I don’t follow the instructions. I put all the dry in the bowl, mix the eggs, juice and yogurt, melt butter. I mix wet in all at once, before fully mixed I fold in the butter then the berries.
Could using yogurt instead of buttermilk be the dif, or my mixing order?
Sorry for your troubles,recipes that work for one but not another are the worst!

1 Like

The flavor is always good, just the grease collecting at the bottom annoys me. I will try your method and see how it works for me. (Do you use the same oven temp?)

I do use same temp but have considered lowering it a bit as they brown quickly.