Fall 2021 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

Temps are dipping and it’s time to vote on this Fall’s COTQ nominees! Our nomination thread included both dishes and cuisines this quarter, so I’ve decided to create a separate voting thread for a new topic, Dish of the Quarter! The nominated cuisines are listed below. Please cast your vote by liking just one of the posts below. Thanks HOs!

ETA: I’ll leave the voting open until Friday, October 8!

2 Likes

Like this post for BENGALI.

3 Likes

Like this post for SLAVIC CUISINE.

4 Likes

Soups is my highly versatile choice.

I believe the pattern of this thread is cuisine rather than dish.

1 Like

@pilgrim @biondanonima
I’m not familiar, does it mean Thanksgiving dishes for the US for example? I try to look up harvest bounty images, mainly squashes, some fruits and other vegetables. Should this be DOTQ instead.

I retract it since it doesn’t fit the category, But I was thinking of how various cultures highlight Fall produce.

1 Like

I think it’s an interesting idea. Just need to see which category it fits.

1 Like

Yes, I struggled with whether to place this in the DOTQ thread as well. However, it’s a pretty broad category, so I’m not sure it fits well there, either. IMO, in North America, this would include dishes that make use of vegetables, grains and meats that are traditionally harvested in the fall. Pork and game meats, squashes, grains, cabbages and other late harvest vegetables, grapes, etc. Other Nothern hemisphere countries may be similar or not depending upon climate.

2 Likes

Let it stays then! It’s more simple this way!

2 Likes

So we’re keeping it? Lol. If not I’ll go for Bengali.

1 Like

I’m confused about this one too… especially as internationally, harvest season - and produce - varies

I think harvest cooking can work well as a normal thread on its own. Trying to fit in either category is a bit “strange”. But whatever.

3 Likes

I tend to agree it is confusing - I will delete so that this can be a two-way race. @TheCookie, please feel free to cast another vote!

2 Likes

Pilgrim, since there was quite a bit of confusion about this, I deleted it as a choice. Would be a great stand-alone thread, though!

2 Likes

Adding some links for Bengali and Slavic cuisines:

SLAVIC - seems to include most of Eastern Europe / Western Russia - I was going to add a map but different countries were and weren’t included - maybe someone else knows this better.

BENGALI (West Bengal in India and Bangladesh)

The Guardian has a lot of recipes, you can do a site search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Atheguardian.com+bengali+recipe

https://bongong.com/bengali-recipes.html

3 Likes

Will do! I’m going Bengali! @Saregama will you be available for consultation? :grin:

2 Likes

From one source, but I’m sure there are many definitions, there are currently 13 Slavic nations,

3 Likes