Fall 2021 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

Hey HOs! The end of the quarter snuck up on me so I’m a bit late with this post, but it’s time for COTQ nominations again! Temps are cooling off and I’m ready for hand-knit sweaters and hearty fall dishes on the table. Please make your nomination in ALL CAPS below. I’ll leave nominations open until Sunday, Oct 3. Thanks and happy fall!

ETA: Here’s the master list of previously-selected cuisines. Master list/links of past Cuisine of the Quarter - #17 by biondanonima

3 Likes

Doubt this will fly but giving it a try:

CHEESE - dishes featuring cheese or where cheese is an important flavor/texture component.

5 Likes

HARVEST BOUNTY: INTERNATIONAL offers slots of possibility.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re late, hehehe… I’ve been loving Greek and have more to post!

2 Likes

Good start! I love cheese and harvest is perfect for fall. I was gonna’ go for Indian but will go with HARVEST BOUNTY! The INTERNATIONAL part will make it fun!

1 Like

This is interesting because I was going to ask if y’all ever did a particular food like cheese or preparations like cold non-dessert foods (good for summer cotq).

Interesting, actually these suggestions remind me of the discontinued bi-monthly Dish of the Month that is ingredient or method based. How about reviving it and give it another chance?

https://www.hungryonion.org/tag/dish-of-the-month

4 Likes

I agree, those are great ideas but definitely more in line with the dish of the month. Happy to consider them depending upon how the remainder of the process plays out.

BENGALI
(Spanning both West Bengal in India, and Bangladesh - fka East Bengal)

I’ve mentioned before that Indian seems too broad, this might be a tasty toe-dip - wait that sounds weird :rofl:

Lots of vegetables and fish on the Indian (predominantly Hindu) side, more meat and slightly different preparations on the (predominantly Muslim) Bangladeshi side. Lots of overlap. All delicious.

4 Likes

SOUP … is my vote . No boundaries

3 Likes

Moroccan …

1 Like

SLAVIC CUISINE
Perfect for fall. Borscht, perogies, cabbage, piroshki, pelmeni, koulibiaka, cabbage rolls, Russian salad, apple sharlotka, wild game, schi, Charlotte Russe, Shuba salad, Chicken Kiev, the 12 vegetarian dishes for Slavic Xmas Eve, shashlik, etc

4 Likes

Haha… I agree. When I was going to nominate Indian I was going to ask you to pick the region!

2 Likes

I love the 2017 Ball Shaped Food. :grin:

4 Likes

Soup is a great theme for Autumn 2021.

Extraordinarily versatile.

1 Like

HAND PIES & DUMPLINGS around the world :earth_africa:

3 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Looking forward to cook some Indian food. I discover (only recently) there is a discreet Indian ‘shop’ not far from my home. It has everything from plants, furniture, food, spices, jewelry, cookware, clothes (including marriage), aquarium fish…

3 Likes

Ooh - that’s a lot. Could we split it? Feels like either category, applied across the world, has soooo many great options!

1 Like