Dim Sum HODown: West Lake - December 1st 11am at West Lake in Matawan [NJ]

26 posts were split to a new topic: Kimchi (all things) in New Jersey

I see that @NotJrvedivici brought his dog to the HODown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey!!! That’s my wife !!! ( joke shhhhh)

3 Likes

And I thought he brought his @seal

2 Likes

I know you think you’re safe because your wife doesn’t read this board…but I do, and you know I have her on speed dial. Luckily for you I adhere to Ho-merta, the Ho version of Omerta.

3 Likes

_(Hey everyone, if you came here looking to contribute to the Kimchi conversation that was taking over this thread, it has been broken off into it’s own topic. You can follow that conversation here:
Kimchi (all things) in New Jersey )
_

Thanks! Kimchi does deserve its own topic.

2 Likes

I sincerely apologize. My wife had a Groupon for Liberty Science Center and neglected to tell me it was only good through THAT day, so once again I got screwed out of a HO outing. And unfortunately, I didn’t have time to let you all know until now.

My sincerest apologies. I believe I am 0 for 2 now. Third time’s a charm!

1 Like

Wish I joined this site a couple of weeks sooner. We had a dim aum meet up yesterday.

I look forward to attending others.

1 Like

Welcome and we’re looking forward to having you at the next one.

1 Like

You found us!! :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard! There are some great people here and I think you will enjoy it. Feel free to start some new threads. We’re always looking for cool food ideas and places :slight_smile: invite some family and friends too…the more the merrier.

I’ll fess up…I was at dim sum with Ron because I had been at a WHOPPER of a foodie holiday party (if you follow me on IG you know) the night before, and some of those people are involved with this FB group. And they were going to Crown Palace, so I couldn’t say no, as it’s closer to me than them AND I’d never been. I’ll post my thoughts on the Chinese food thread, but welcome, Ron!

That’s cool. I don’t do any social media so I’m out of that world (minus some work stuff)

Glad too see a new NJ member.

1 Like

I couldnt wait to find yas. And you really impressed me with your Foodie knowledge… i want to get together again. Your close to me, Im in Howell…

1 Like

Thank you @corvette_johnny I was lucky enough to meet @CurlzNJ over the weekend and she told me about this page. I look forward to some meet ups and meeting new friends.

2 Likes

Welcome to the party!

1 Like

@Tront0805 yes welcome to the party!!! Cover charge is $ 20. for a red solo cup for unlimited refill’s from the kegger in the back yard. Since you are still pledging for the Tau-Kappa-Ho’s I welcome you to enjoy, look around and make yourself at home. Sooner than you know it you will be a full fledged member and starting your own topics, threads and the benefits that at Tau-Kappa-Ho enjoys! In the mean time swallow this gold fish and enjoy the party!!!

@CurlzNJ congratulations on the recruitment, you on on your way to your to your very own Hungry Onion Holiday toaster for meeting your recruitment goals!!!

If you haven’t noticed by now I’m the resident smart a** (depending on who you ask, I’m either the smart or dumb a**)… I’m also one of the moderators of the NJ board along with my deputy @seal so if you have any specific questions or problems please feel free to reach out to either of us. (although I’m pretty sure @CurlzNJ can answer anything as well as we can, you don’t earn the Holiday Toaster by chance) Sooooooo welcome to Hungry Onion and enjoy !!!

5 Likes

Thanks @NotJrvedivici for the warm welcome. I kind of got that impression of you before you even replied to me :slight_smile: … All good, I like people who like to laugh and also can be serious and tell it like it is… Whens the next
meet up?

I don’t think we have one scheduled yet. I know @CurlzNJ was looking to do one at Drew’s in Keyport after the Holiday’s but I don’t think anything has been confirmed at this point. Keep an eye out and you should see something posted in the near future.

2 Likes