Copenhagen Pastry - Culver City

My partner’s Copenhagen-based family raves about Karen and her team at Copenhagen Pastry located at 11113 Washington Blvd, Culver City. Our taste buds agree. Lots of great stuff - light years better than anything in Solvang.

In the “if it’s free, it’s for me” department, here’s a heads’ up.

Free Piece of Princess Cake

In honor of our ten year anniversary, (holy moly!) we’re giving out one piece of the iconic Princess Cake to every customer. Come celebrate with us!
Your taste buds will thank you.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY,
JUNE 18TH AND 19TH, 8AM - 4PM

7 Likes

Thank you for posting about Copenhagen Bakery. I like close by.

I rarely buy baked goods because I like to bake, but I’m fond of Princess Cake which looks like a pain to make myself.

3 Likes

Enjoy @maccrogenoff. That’s one i haven’t yet tried before but I plan on stopping by and getting some of my family’s favorites, the snails.

and might as well enjoy some free Princess Cake. Covered in marzipan, how bad can it be?

6 Likes

Snails are my favourite danish.

Fun thing - in Denmark ‘Danish’ is called Wiener-brod, as in Vienna, Austria.

If I have to rank my top 3 danish pastry, it would be:

1. Snails
  2. Spandauer
  3. Frosnapper
3 Likes

Nice. Kringle is always in good taste. For a smaller one I am always down with apple too.

I would commend the bakers in Denmark that I have enjoyed for being remarkably consistent - this spot here is the exception to the rule in these parts. Buttery as hell but not heavy or soggy. I really don’t know Karen and the Danes do it.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Kransekake bars (marzipan cake) w choc on bottom

3 Likes