Coffee in Toronto

The Shmooz on Pape at Wroxeter has some outdoor seating.

Krave on St Clair W near Oakwood has their patio open, and a few heaters.

2 Likes

$3.96 for an espresso at The Daily Grind on St Clarens near Bloor in Bloordale.

$3 before tax for an Americano at Nofa’s at 699 Landsdowne a block north of Bloor!

The Daily Grind was packed, with a 30 minute wait, and Nofa’s was less full.

3 Likes

Manic Coffee’s Cortado. $4.50 including tax.

2 Likes

I will try Madras Kaapi soon https://www.madraskaapi.com/

1 Like

Near me, the only good place for an espresso and pastry is Kostas Bakery on Ellesmere west of Warden. They pull a mean one.
https://www.kostasgreekbakery.com/

2 Likes

I stand corrected. There are now 2 places in the east that rise well above the competition.

Circles and Squares Bakery near Victoria Park and Eglinton has great pastries, cakes, sandwiches, and of course coffee. Indoor and outdoor seating and wifi available. I chose them for my recent birthday. Have some time to relax? Go here.

I’m super excited to announce that Scarborough has its first down-to-the-bone French boulangerie and patisserie. They opened to the public March 1st and have been winning east end hearts ever since. Macarons anyone?

https://instagram.com/labastillebakery

2 Likes

Returned to The Shmooz on Pape at Wroxeter, which has 3 picnic tables on a patio next to the shop. Good flat white. I had the grilled cheesepanini with apple butter which I liked a lot.

Reasonably good CO2 reading inside, when it was half full.

1 Like

I see a missed opportunity here. Instead of the unfun name, why not Green Eggs & Spin?

1 Like

I’ll mention that next time I visit! Sending the owner your comment!!

My iced latte at Major Treat, and most other places downtown, is now costing $6.50 including tax.
I had been tipping around 12-15 percent, but now I’m rounding up to $7 when the coffee costs $6 and change.

So many indie places are offering whole cow milk, oat, soy and almond mylk. I like skim, 1 % , or 2 % more than 3.25 % and/or whole milk, and I don’t enjoy any mylks except macadamia mylk.
I wish more coffee shops would offer skim, 1 % or 2 %, if they’re going to offer so many other mylks.

1 Like

Iced latte at Boxcar Social in the laneway of Markham cost $6 plus tax, so $6.78 today. I saw the barista add a couple $0.50 surcharges, maybe for the extra ice, while the sign says lattes are $5 and ice is free. Of course, Ice costs less than milk, so if I ask for extra ice because all the coffee shop offers is whole milk and I want skim, 1 or 2 percent, that’s a good way to make money. LOL.

Like Major Treat, the Markham St location of Boxcar Social offers whole milk, no skim/1 % or 2 %, and several nut mylks. The Boxcar Social in Summerhill offers both 1 % and whole milk.
………

Free drip coffee at Liu,the fancy Turkish baklava spot on College at Euclid, if you buy a pastry, between 9 am and 11 am weekdays. The baklava and kadaif are excellent, but very expensive.

1 Like

Manic Coffee’s iced latte with whole milk is $5.24 including tax. $0.65 upgrade for half a dozen different nut mylks.

2 Likes

I tried a Cortado at Agenda on College St, $5.03 including tax.

1 Like

Krave at 781 St Clair W has a little heater running on its patio

2 Likes

Annex Espresso Bar on Bathurst

2 Likes

I was recently introduced to Jimmy’s on Portland St. It’s close to the office (i travel to Toronto frequently on business) and the coffee is very good.

2 Likes

Morning Parade. A Cappuccino is $4.75 including tax which is a pretty good price for Dundas West / Little Portugal/ Little Italy.

Morning Parade is open until 6 pm, which I appreciate. Too many independent coffee shops close at 3 pm or 4 pm in Toronto.

Balzac’s at Powerhouse, near Davenport and Lansdowne

1 Like