Coca Cola with Coffee?????

I think it’s a very bad combination.

I tried but I was not very impressed, I prefer to make cola and coffee myself

1 Like

Espresso and tonic. Mind is blown! :slight_smile:

Elizabeth Minchilli shared a post on Instagram: "Espresso & Tonic. Definitely weird, but in a very good way. #espresso #summerrecipes". Follow their account to see 6600 posts.

ETA: not possible to link to instagram reels? Anyway it’s eminchili…

1 Like

A long time ago - maybe 20 years ago, Coca Cola tried this! Think it was around the time that Jolt Soda was launched - remember that? It had lots of caffeine in it & Coke was trying to compete. Also, iirc, Canfield’s Diet Fudge Soda was a thing around that time too. I actually liked it (Coke & coffee) occasionally, over ice and with half n half. I wouldn’t buy it now, but would mix it at home. I only drink Diet Coke though, and really dislike coffee with artificial sweeteners. I’ll give it a try anyway, and report back.

1 Like

I missed some messages from my instacart delivery person a few weeks ago and got stuck with 12 of these. I hated the first one, but they grew on me over the next week. I don’t think I would go out of my way to buy them again but they seem to be an acquired taste. The same order stuck me with diet Arizona which is outright undrinkable.

2 Likes

They make diet AZ iced tea? Scary sounding.

1 Like

I had a friend years ago that whenever we went to a diner he would order a black coffee and a Coke at the same time. He was very much into working out (even with the sugar in the Coke being antithetical to that), and so I always imaged he did it more for the jolt than the flavor combination. I guess coffee flavored Coke isn’t so far-fetched.

For breakfast, my freshman roommate would often have cereal & milk with a Coke to drink. This is the same woman who would pop No-Doz and also would take a 2-liter bottle of Diet Pepsi with her to the study lounge at night. I guess she didn’t like the taste of coffee.

1 Like

I drank Coke almost daily until I started drinking mochaccinos when I was 26. Then real coffee at 26 1/2.
Now I drink 2 forms of coffee a day (today an iced latte and a chocolate cream cold brew), and a Coke maybe once every 6 weeks.

Spotted the Coke/Coffee in my local OC Albertsons today. I might have to try one just for s & g’s.

1 Like

Coke, to my surprise, is not antithetical to athletes. My son runs marathons, and I’ve noticed the popularity of coke in the pantheon of distance runners, long distance bicyclists, among other endurance athletes. I would have thought a soft drink the antithesis of endurance quest. No soda fan, here. Had a Coke a few weeks ago. Syrupy blah.

Find you some that’s made in Mexico…they use real sugar, not HFCS. Theres a huge difference.

i dont think it’s good in taste :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: