City Limits Diner, White Plains NY

A friend brought me a couple of treats from City Limits yesterday as an early birthday gift. I’m not much of a dessert eater, but both the chocolate mousse torte and pecan bar were excellent - they got me wondering whether the restaurant itself is worth a visit. Anyone frequent this place? Prices seem high for a diner, even an upscale one, but that’s Westchester for you…

I sometimes forget why we don’t go there and then we go and then I remember - the food is meh.

1 Like

Lol, we’ve got a couple of places like that on our list too. Thanks for the warning - we’ll stick to the mousse torte!

1 Like

City limits diner is just that- a diner. You can dress it up any way you want but it is still just that- with all it’s strengths and all its failings. Mediocre eats but a varied menu and in this case relatively high prices but lower westchester is inundated with restaurants that are high priced. I keep looking for new (and unproven) restaurants that start out with fair prices for an unestablished restaurant, instead they continue to open with equal pricing to the long established places that have already been tested. $100 + meals for two without knowing that a good meal will be had is just not justifiable. Sorry for the rant

1 Like